• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 motleycub45 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 83137
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 04:14 PM

Hey guys, 

I am just now getting back into pulling.  I used to pull with my dad about 8 years ago and am just graduating college so now I will have time and money to pick the hobby back up.  I have a couple cubs on my radar that I am going to check out.  One of them is a 122 I was just curious if there was anything specific I should be looking for.  I was already told it doesn't run, needs some wiring or something.  Any help is appreciated!!

#2 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,457 Thanks
  • 7,345 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 05:45 PM

Welcome to GTT. I'm not into pulling so, you will have to wait for one of the guys that is. Good Luck, Rick

• motleycub45 said thank you

#3 olds45512 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 77943
  • 564 Thanks
  • 325 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 08:58 PM

non running tractors are always a gamble, if you cant drive it then there's no way to tell if the trans is good. bottom line is you shouldn't take the sellers word on what wrong with it, seems like they always say its something cheap (like points) and if that were true then why didn't they just fix it instead of selling a non running tractor for half what its worth. if it doesn't run it better be cheap.

• boyscout862 and motleycub45 have said thanks

#4 motleycub45 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 83137
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 26, 2016 - 06:31 AM

Thanks guys.  I found it for under $200 and it's a complete tractor so I figured it would be worth that just in the frame, trans, wheels, mower deck etc.  I do have an extra 12hp kohler ready if this one isn't good to go.  Just going to make sure it is free before purchasing and go from there

#5 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,118 Thanks
  • 5,668 posts

Posted May 26, 2016 - 08:58 AM

• motleycub45 said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cub cadet, 122