#2 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,912 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 07:18 PM

Its good to see a young person battle back at outsourcing and cheap labor and keep a dream of her parents alive, with good old American ingenuity and a plan. Shame on greedy American company's moving their factory's overseas and ruining small town prosperity. They make me sick. And furthermore our government should turn its back on them when the S hits the fan wherever those company's moved to. Look at all the lost revenue the government has lost because of them and our jobs the security of our lives all in the name of greed.

Edited by HANKG, May 24, 2016 - 07:29 PM.

• TheFarm2004, Alc and LilysDad have said thanks

#3 David Brown OFFLINE  

David Brown

I said I work on them. I never said I fix them!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8570
  • 4,219 Thanks
  • 2,316 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 08:08 PM

Interesting to see this. I've worked for a Ft. Payne company for 10 years now. When I first hired on and went down there, you couldn't throw a stone without hitting a sock mill. Now there are hardly any open. Even the sock museum is closed. We actually purchased one of the mills to expand our business. You can get the buildings for a song in most cases.
  • daytime dave and LilysDad have said thanks

#4 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 08:49 PM

Most if not all businesses are in business to make money and decisions are based on profit.Is that considered greed?

• ducky, David Brown and HANKG have said thanks

#5 daytime dave OFFLINE  

daytime dave

Live long and prosper

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 531
  • 4,485 Thanks
  • 6,353 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 08:57 PM

I'm glad something is still made there.  I'll try and buy something from there if possible.

• HANKG said thank you

#6 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 09:38 PM

I will always pay a little extra for something made here..even if its a Hyundai or a Kia..they have been good to the people in my area.

• HANKG said thank you

#7 Phluphy OFFLINE  

Phluphy
  • Member No: 70148
  • 308 Thanks
  • 401 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 09:58 PM

All well and good until...the Martha Stewart mention. As I recall several of her "Living" labeled items in K-Mart are labeled as being made in another country.

• Gtractor said thank you

#8 JBRamsey OFFLINE  

JBRamsey
  • Member No: 61995
  • 973 Thanks
  • 587 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 09:58 PM

I will always pay a little extra for something made here..even if its a Hyundai or a Kia..they have been good to the people in my area.

I don't know about Kia but the Hyundai's are pretty good cars now. Especially for the money. You need to plan on keeping them forever because they won't bring anything on trade. My neighbor has had a couple that they put upwards of 200,000 miles on.
  • Auburn David said thank you

#9 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,912 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 06:11 AM

Most if not all businesses are in business to make money and decisions are based on profit.Is that considered greed?

Point well taken, but when a company is doing ok here and abandons its employee's and its town to off shore cheap labor in the name of greater profits I think that's wrong. There's plenty of American company's that compete with each other making the same product but remain on American soil. justsayinisall
  • Gtractor said thank you

#10 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,065 Thanks
  • 788 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 07:37 AM

HA!, Can you say Corporate takeover. Machinery to china. It only goes one way.

#11 Username OFFLINE  

Username

• Member No: 2568
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 1,425 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 08:10 AM

Point well taken, but when a company is doing ok here and abandons its employee's and its town to off shore cheap labor in the name of greater profits I think that's wrong. There's plenty of American company's that compete with each other making the same product but remain on American soil. justsayinisall

Company's have stockholders that they have to account to and some people might think it's wrong to take money out of their pocket to give to an employee.Some people might think the government is out of control with taxes and regulations and is the very reason that company's are going off shore.I get your made in the USA sentiment but I also understand that everyone peruses their own self best interest and that a company is not obligated to keep employment for their workers any more than an employee is obligated to stay with an employee.It always easy telling others how to spend their money.Entitlement is a huge problem in this country,in my opinion.

• David Brown and HANKG have said thanks

#12 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 11:36 AM

Some company's such as Rubbermaid and RCA(Thompson Electronics Div) were forced out of the US by Walmart..as long as people support the importers such as WalMart and Hobby Lobby there will always be a trade deficit.

• HANKG said thank you

#13 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 11:39 AM

I don't know about Kia but the Hyundai's are pretty good cars now. Especially for the money. You need to plan on keeping them forever because they won't bring anything on trade. My neighbor has had a couple that they put upwards of 200,000 miles on.

Yea..best  car we have ever owned has been a Hyundai..and once it wears out I will replace it with the same..Kia and Hyundai are owned by the same company..sorta like Chevy and GMC or Ford and Lincoln.

#14 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,633 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 02:03 PM

Never trust the tag that says its made in a certain country. 

25+ years ago I worked in a local factory.  My job was to remove the "Made in Taiwan" tags and install "Made in USA" tags.

In my deception/job,  I could fill a trash dumpster in an 8 hour shift with the "truthful" tags.    :(

• HANKG and Auburn David have said thanks

#15 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,633 Thanks
  • 3,923 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 02:05 PM

All well and good until...the Martha Stewart mention. As I recall several of her "Living" labeled items in K-Mart are labeled as being made in another country.

Kathy Lee Gifford got in hot water too because her clothing line was made in sweat shops in third world countries under horrific conditions. 

• HANKG said thank you