• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Paulgo OFFLINE  

Paulgo
  • Member No: 68759
  • 594 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 11:58 AM

Hi All!  I owe my neighbor MANY favors. He's the kind of guy who never asks for anything, yet always steps up to offer the odd tool or piece of equipment I need to borrow for a project. He's also a bit of a... Collector, and doesn't like to let anything go. Anyway, his health has taken a downturn and he's decided to part with a couple of the machines he hasn't used in years. [Baby steps.] So, I have been tasked with helping him with marketing. He says both of these ran just fine when parked. He didn't intend for them to sit so long, but life got in the way. We're going to pull them out, clean them up, and get them running. Would appreciate any info, advice, or pricing guidelines you can give.  Each has a mower deck and no other attachments. Thanks in advance, Paul.

Tractor A is a Ford LGT with the Kohler K341AQS engine.

001.jpg 002.jpg 003.jpg 004.jpg

"Tractor" (not sure how to classify this one) B is a Jacobsen T436G Turfcat with a Continental R11.

005.jpg 006.jpg 007.jpg 008.jpg 009.jpg

• boyscout862 said thank you

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,532 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 04:36 PM

The Ford LGT is a very good tractor. You can download the manuals for it from our Manuals Section. That one is a "closed side" LGT. I don't know anything about the other but try the Manuals Section. Try one project at a time.  Good Luck, Rick

Here is the owners' manual:   http://gardentractor...5-165-operator/

Here is the repair manual: http://gardentractor...-repair-manual/

Iwas suprised to find Turfcat T428D and T628D manuals: http://gardentractor...erators-manual/   and    http://gardentractor...d-parts-manual/

Edited by boyscout862, May 24, 2016 - 04:50 PM.

• TomLGT195 and Paulgo have said thanks

#3 Eric ONLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 09:27 PM

If you get the turfcat cleaned up and give me a price I would most likely be interested.
  • Paulgo said thank you

#4 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,701 Thanks
  • 8,893 posts

Posted May 24, 2016 - 09:48 PM

I had a Turfcat II with the Kubota diesel. Gave just over a grand for it, sold it for $800 when the Eaton 11 ate it's baby pigs.

As a mowing machine, there is no stopping it on even ground. The 72" deck does not like uneven yards or ditches.

Lots of good project parts on one of those. Power steering, cylinder lift for the deck, Peerless 2 speed differential with locker, heavy steering axle with hubs, and a industrial-duty engine. The bonus on that one is hydraulic driven deck. Extra large reservoir, oil cooler, hydraulic motor on the deck, and the engine mounted hydraulic pump.
  • Paulgo said thank you

#5 Eric ONLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 987 Thanks
  • 669 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 03:18 AM

I have an ifinity for front mount mowers and would love to have another. I agree about the parts on this machine, hydraulic decks are great and are specifically what I have been looking for. Please give me a message when you figure out what you want to do with it as a trip to your area is already in my future. Thanks again and good luck. Eric.
  • Paulgo said thank you

#6 Paulgo OFFLINE  

Paulgo
  • Member No: 68759
  • 594 Thanks
  • 393 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 06:48 AM

Any idea on the years of these?  I can't find the ID tag on the LGT.

I have an ifinity for front mount mowers and would love to have another. I agree about the parts on this machine, hydraulic decks are great and are specifically what I have been looking for. Please give me a message when you figure out what you want to do with it as a trip to your area is already in my future. Thanks again and good luck. Eric.

He has $1800 into it and knows he won't get that much back. Bought it for his camp and never got it out there...

#7 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,409 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 06:59 AM

The Ford is between 1977 and 1983. Look for the tag just above the front axle on the LH side. No clue on the other one.

• Paulgo said thank you

#8 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,701 Thanks
  • 8,893 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 05:31 PM

Jacobsen is late 80's.
  • KennyP and Paulgo have said thanks