8 replies to this topic

#1 98Murray OFFLINE  

98Murray
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 23652
  • 50 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 09:20 PM

Well not entirely new but I have had it for a little while now lol. A good buddy of mine bought this from a scrap yard in Cleaburne Texas. I bought it from him and then traded it for another mower. Ended up trading that mower back again for this and I think I will keep it this time. The original Wisconsin is long gone and was replaced with a '90s 9 horse Briggs. Its not terrible, I like that it is so odd. I am wanting to fix it and eventually restore it. A couple things I'd like to do is toss that Briggs and put in a Kohler K series 8 horse. Another thing I would like but am not terrible sure is possible would be electric power steering. Need some help though. Mostly I am looking for a parts diagram and some parts like a steering wheel and deck mandrel. 2 out of 3 are good but the third mandrel has a broken housing. Also I'd love to find the year of it or even a model tag. If anyone can offer any help that would be great! Thanks!

Here are the only pics I have right now. First pic is from when my buddy found it in the scrap yard, second is right after I got it, third is now.

Attached Thumbnails

• 11701118_856690511080367_295077144981407647_n (1).jpg
  • 11828815_940675252644659_7445602443903888978_n.jpg
  • 13260091_1088790684499781_5434513259487694034_n.jpg

• Bolens 1000, Alc, CRFarnsworth and 4 others have said thanks

#2 bbuckler OFFLINE  

bbuckler
  • Member No: 59269
  • 2,087 Thanks
  • 1,890 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 09:25 PM

Well not entirely new but I have had it for a little while now lol. A good buddy of mine bought this from a scrap yard in Cleaburne Texas. I bought it from him and then traded it for another mower. Ended up trading that mower back again for this and I think I will keep it this time. The original Wisconsin is long gone and was replaced with a '90s 9 horse Briggs. Its not terrible, I like that it is so odd. I am wanting to fix it and eventually restore it. A couple things I'd like to do is toss that Briggs and put in a Kohler K series 8 horse. Another thing I would like but am not terrible sure is possible would be electric power steering. Need some help though. Mostly I am looking for a parts diagram and some parts like a steering wheel and deck mandrel. 2 out of 3 are good but the third mandrel has a broken housing. Also I'd love to find the year of it or even a model tag. If anyone can offer any help that would be great! Thanks!

Here are the only pics I have right now. First pic is from when my buddy found it in the scrap yard, second is right after I got it, third is now.

Didn't know you had the deck for it.

#3 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,698 Thanks
  • 17,206 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 09:34 PM

Not too bad, first time I think I seen one down in Texas!

If I were you I'd put a Wisconsin back in there, these were a unique design where the trans was built around the engine.

Its a 1964 Estate keeper, the ID tag is right where the front of the seat is where the throttle/choke cables are

• Alc said thank you

#4 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,306 Thanks
  • 1,106 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 10:38 PM

Thank you for sharing the pics. Those old machines were the Z-turns of the day, and as a matter of FACT...most have never seen one, cause blue collar folks (like me) couldn't afford one back in the day!

ENJOY!!

#5 jpswift1 OFFLINE  

jpswift1
  • Member No: 69996
  • 358 Thanks
  • 343 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 11:23 PM

Glad it was saved from the scrap yard.  I love the rear ag tires on there....are they 18x9.50-8?  Those are the size I'm going to run on my Estate Keeper.

#6 98Murray OFFLINE  

98Murray
  • GTt Junior
  • 50 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 10:18 AM

Glad it was saved from the scrap yard.  I love the rear ag tires on there....are they 18x9.50-8?  Those are the size I'm going to run on my Estate Keeper.

Yep they are 18X9.50-8. It is very tight on clearance.  I have not inflated it yet so it may actually rub once inflated. Right after I installed the tire I broke my brand new valve stem and I have not had the will power to man handle that stiff thing off to replace the valve stem yet.

• jpswift1 said thank you

#7 98Murray OFFLINE  

98Murray
  • GTt Junior
  • 50 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 09:42 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a parts diagram for the ol girl? Also, rear end parts? I would like to go through the rear end and make sure all is well and re-seal it but Id like a diagram first and knowledge of if I can get any parts if I find anything broken. Thanks!

#8 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 292 Thanks
  • 723 posts

Posted May 26, 2016 - 06:13 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a parts diagram for the ol girl? Also, rear end parts? I would like to go through the rear end and make sure all is well and re-seal it but Id like a diagram first and knowledge of if I can get any parts if I find anything broken. Thanks!

There are a LOT of good manuals available on this site under the Manuals section.  You can try downloading this one to see if it is what you are looking for for your tractor:  http://gardentractor...-parts-catalog/

Here is the Owner's Manual for that:  http://gardentractor...-owners-manual/

Here is a Transaxle Service Manual for that too:  http://gardentractor...ansaxle-manual/

Hope this helps!  Good luck with it.  I have never ventured to take one of these transaxles apart on any of my Estate Keepers yet...

#9 98Murray OFFLINE  

98Murray
  • GTt Junior
  • 50 Thanks
  • 36 posts

Posted May 26, 2016 - 05:46 PM

There are a LOT of good manuals available on this site under the Manuals section.  You can try downloading this one to see if it is what you are looking for for your tractor:  http://gardentractor...-parts-catalog/

Here is the Owner's Manual for that:  http://gardentractor...-owners-manual/

Here is a Transaxle Service Manual for that too:  http://gardentractor...ansaxle-manual/

Hope this helps!  Good luck with it.  I have never ventured to take one of these transaxles apart on any of my Estate Keepers yet...

Awesome!!! Thanks!!