12 replies to this topic

#1 sap happens OFFLINE  

sap happens
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 70453
  • 17 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 08:09 PM

Found this Ford 140 in Pennsylvania. It is being shipped to me through fastnal. How much do you think it would be worth. I payed $450 for it plus $200 shipping. So my total is $650. I think it is worth that. What do you guys think?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

• KennyP, CRFarnsworth, boyscout862 and 4 others have said thanks

#2 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 08:26 PM

I'd say you're getting real close to what it's worth, if it runs and moves ok, no loose hubs, if you can fix the dash wiring and get the electric lift going... and the blower bearings are good.  Old fords are good workers but not real expensive.  some have sold higher on ebay but they were cherry looking restorations with good aluminum decks, no cracks in the grill, etc, good luck

• boyscout862 and sap happens have said thanks

#3 sap happens OFFLINE  

sap happens
  • GTt Junior
  • 17 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 08:30 PM

I'd say you're getting real close to what it's worth, if it runs and moves ok, no loose hubs, if you can fix the dash wiring and get the electric lift going... and the blower bearings are good.  Old fords are good workers but not real expensive.  some have sold higher on ebay but they were cherry looking restorations with good aluminum decks, no cracks in the grill, etc, good luck

Everything works on it. Runs and drives. Has a nice set of headlights to. The cab could use a little help thought.
  • Oldford said thank you

#4 dualresponse1731 OFFLINE  

dualresponse1731
  • Member No: 82482
  • 178 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 08:31 PM

I don't know much about prices- but I'll say a couple of things. One- it has the enclosed cab, which I wished I had everytime cold snow blows back into my face.

Two- it has a two stage snowblower. Three- it has chains.

The way I look at it is this- If you went out and tried to buy an enclosed two stage snowblower 36? 42? inches/ whatever...  I forget....a cab, and chains, plus, a tractor to carry it,  How much would you have to spend?

I randomly googled "snowblower and $600" - this is what came up:

http://www.snowblowe...rSA8RoCaB_w_wcB

I would take yours hands down. I think you did good

p.s.- I was going to make some funny comment about the exhaust- but then it hit me, my exhaust points straight at the snowblower and melts snow on it into ice, and it builds up instead of falling off, and freezes the chute mechanism. That exhaust keeps the heat away from the blower. It is magnificient.

Put some weight on the rear end and be done with it! -oh yeah- and get 4 extra lug bolts so you have 5 on both wheels!  :D

...I'm guessing it had rear wheel weights, which were removed and sold separately. They then shot some spraypaint on the rims.... Either way- you will want more rear weight come next winter.

Edited by dualresponse1731, May 22, 2016 - 08:52 PM.

• sap happens said thank you

#5 Delmar OFFLINE  

Delmar
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5039
  • 2,323 Thanks
  • 2,416 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 09:11 PM

Congrats! Nice tractor. Reasonable shipping cost too!
  • sap happens said thank you

#6 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 09:36 PM

Some may say high or low my thoughts are if you have the spare money & it's what you want then enjoy yourself. I like it & like mentioned shipping was good too.

Edited by Sawdust, May 22, 2016 - 09:36 PM.

• sap happens and John Arsenault have said thanks

#7 sap happens OFFLINE  

sap happens
  • GTt Junior
  • 17 Thanks
  • 25 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 10:23 PM

I don't know much about prices- but I'll say a couple of things. One- it has the enclosed cab, which I wished I had everytime cold snow blows back into my face.

The way I look at it is this- If you went out and tried to buy an enclosed two stage snowblower 36? 42? inches/ whatever...  I forget....a cab, and chains, plus, a tractor to carry it,  How much would you have to spend?

p.s.- I was going to make some funny comment about the exhaust- but then it hit me, my exhaust points straight at the snowblower and melts snow on it into ice, and it builds up instead of falling off, and freezes the chute mechanism. That exhaust keeps the heat away from the blower. It is magnificient.

Put some weight on the rear end and be done with it! -oh yeah- and get 4 extra lug bolts so you have 5 on both wheels!  :D

...I'm guessing it had rear wheel weights, which were removed and sold separately. They then shot some spraypaint on the rims.... Either way- you will want more rear weight come next winter.

I have no idea what the pipe exhaust was all about. I gave the guy permission to take it off for easy shipping. No idea if it made it with the tractor or not.

#8 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,310 Thanks
  • 1,110 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 10:47 PM

Id say you stole it!!!

Most Ford people on Yahoo group will bust out a 350 bill for a cab alone! Now, you must also consider the other variables, but being a Jake owner, and former collector, they (Ferds) do bring good money. Cheers!

#9 dualresponse1731 OFFLINE  

dualresponse1731
  • 178 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 05:32 AM

Looking at it again, the exhaust is soooo high, I almost wonder if he was keeping it higher than the cab on purpose as well.

#10 GT FEVER OFFLINE  

GT FEVER
  • Member No: 83863
  • 5 Thanks
  • 20 posts

Posted July 11, 2016 - 09:13 PM

Are you happy with your purchase?

I agree with dualresponse1731 and stiemmy!  I think you stole it too! This is a hard to find model too!

I own one, and am searching for the rear tiller attachment. Good Luck, huh?

#11 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • 1,310 Thanks
  • 1,110 posts

Posted July 14, 2016 - 12:57 PM

The way I look at it is this- If you went out and tried to buy an enclosed two stage snowblower 36? 42? inches/ whatever... I forget....a cab, and chains, plus, a tractor to carry it, How much would you have to spend?

Put some weight on the rear end and be done with it! -oh yeah- and get 4 extra lug bolts so you have 5 on both wheels! :D

This style rear hub is only 3 bolt no matter hp size.

Edited by stiemmy, July 14, 2016 - 12:58 PM.

• dualresponse1731 said thank you

#12 dualresponse1731 OFFLINE  

dualresponse1731
  • 178 Thanks
  • 138 posts

Posted July 14, 2016 - 07:36 PM

This style rear hub is only 3 bolt no matter hp size.

Thanks! I guess you really do learn something new every day! 

• stiemmy said thank you

#13 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • 1,310 Thanks
  • 1,110 posts

Posted July 14, 2016 - 10:26 PM

Thanks! I guess you really do learn something new every day!

;)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ford 140