• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phluphy OFFLINE  

Phluphy
  • Member No: 70148
  • 308 Thanks
  • 401 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 08:33 AM

Has anyone experienced a refund problem with Sears Parts Direct?

After receiving several "back order" notices I finally cancelled the order, an action which resulted in an extensive run-around with their customer service reps.

Before wasting other's time by going into further detail on this post, I want to clarify: Is it only myself experiencing difficulties with refunds etc?

There is a solution, if needed.

• Sawdust said thank you

#2 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,701 Thanks
  • 17,208 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 08:40 AM

This time of the year with lots of orders going out these big wholesalers often get backed up and still list items as "in stock" when they dont have them, many times an order from the manufacture seems to take 7-14+ days from places like this

If you need anything let me know I can get a good percentage of sears parts, normally 3-4 days away order time

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 larrybl ONLINE  

larrybl

Texas Member

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 415
  • 4,954 Thanks
  • 3,328 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 09:01 AM

I ordered a bell crank and 4 nyliners a couple months ago and received them in 3-4 days. I ordered 4 more nyliners and they are now back ordered. I suspect I got the last ones off the shelf and they are no longer made. So I expect to see a refund on my card as soon as they figure out the parts are NLA.

I had the same issue with a heat shield a couple years ago. I was waiting on the part, and when balancing the checkbook I noticed a deposit from sears, sure enough it was a refund for the NLA heat shield. No notification from sears was given.

• boyscout862 and Phluphy have said thanks

#4 Phluphy OFFLINE  

Phluphy
  • Member No: 70148
  • 308 Thanks
  • 401 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 01:40 PM

I ordered a bell crank and 4 nyliners a couple months ago and received them in 3-4 days. I ordered 4 more nyliners and they are now back ordered. I suspect I got the last ones off the shelf and they are no longer made. So I expect to see a refund on my card as soon as they figure out the parts are NLA.

I had the same issue with a heat shield a couple years ago. I was waiting on the part, and when balancing the checkbook I noticed a deposit from sears, sure enough it was a refund for the NLA heat shield. No notification from sears was given.

It was not an issue until 4 reps stated on the phone I would get a notice of cancellation and refund, in a period of 2 weeks. In this age of electronics etc. I was led to believe 3 days tops...never received anything until I went into the trenches with Sears home office. Had the refund next day, yesterday. 

• MH81 and KennyP have said thanks