2 replies to this topic

#1 Gfann OFFLINE  

Gfann
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10613
  • 193 Thanks
  • 226 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 08:10 AM

In search of a sickle mower "lift saddle" it is used to lift the sickle mower on a speedex. If you happen to have one you want to sell, I'll be interested in buying it. 

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 12.07.50 AM.png

#2 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,653 Thanks
  • 6,469 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 09:27 AM

Those Speedex parts are made from common stock metals and thinking one could make them up if you had some dimensions. Perhaps with mower under tractor, you could hold it up to area and figure those dimensions out? You have the drawing to guide. Most times attachments bolt to existing holes in frames. If you or someone you know is any kind of fabricator, think that might be what you would have to do. Parts are scarce or not wanting to be sold for these old rigs. There are some parts links on Speedex sites, but never had any luck really connecting thru them or no responses to emails and such. Not sure what is going on with that. Mike Hamper on www.speedextractorinformation.org   or  .net   might have or know of one or a person. He has been my best link. He also makes the decals.

#3 Gfann OFFLINE  

Gfann
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10613
  • 193 Thanks
  • 226 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 09:38 AM

I figured I could fab one easy enough, but I also like to keep things as original as I can, if I can. Yes they are very scarce. I wasn't holding my breath. I sort of thought it would be a long shot. Whats particularly annoying for me is that years ago I had just that part. Unfortunately, I had no clue what it it was for then, so I think I gave it to a guy, who said he could use it. Thats how it goes. Thats also why I never through crap away! Now, I'm kicking myself! I know mike. He lives  a few miles from me. I figured I'd have to give him a call eventually. He may actually know the dimensions or have some good pointers.