• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 769 Thanks
  • 509 posts

Posted May 20, 2016 - 06:51 PM

Yep got my engine on the Suburban so thats parked...Jumped on the simplicity today and looked into the engine before starting and it looked good to go. Started it up all was fine until i got her reved up and turned on the mower deck. Yep sly little guy got up under the belt cover of my deck this time and build a little nest with thatch, twigs and all kinds of stuff. belt came off and I didn't notice I was shredding it till it was to late.

Two down one to go  

• Cvans, boyscout862, propane1 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,748 Thanks
  • 7,519 posts

Posted May 20, 2016 - 08:17 PM

That is why I encourage a 3' black racer to hang around my GTs. He even left a skin inside a B&S 23D that had a mouse nest in it. Hate the little furry buggers. Good Luck, Rick

• MH81 and Paulgo have said thanks

#3 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,287 Thanks
  • 2,326 posts

Posted May 20, 2016 - 10:00 PM

Darn little critters.

Just got a 79 Sears GT18 hydro drive to work on and it had a chipmunk nest under the battery tray.While putting a battery in it and the little thing almost ran up my leg.

It ran across the yard and up my neighbors garage downspout.Haven't seen it since but I'm hoping it doesn't come back.I got a mess of wiring to figure out.They're all chewed off under the battery tray.

• MH81, boyscout862 and Paulgo have said thanks

#4 ckjakline OFFLINE  

ckjakline

Tractorholic

• Member No: 6073
  • 1,080 Thanks
  • 1,093 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 05:28 AM

There was a family in my area that brings there cars to the shop that i work part time. They said there s-10 blazer wouldn't start. My brother in law  got the privelage to work on that vehicle. Popped the hood to start checking it out. Squirrels had the engine wiring harness shredded so bad the entire wiring harness needed replaced. $1500 later it was up and running again. The next week same thing but there second vehicle. That one was $1000.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#5 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,748 Thanks
  • 7,519 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 06:23 AM

They got my 85 C10 over the winter. I've been putting bait out on the radiator cover but it isn't killing them all. Good Luck, Rick