• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 06:09 AM

Yep, very nice find! Glad you made the connection!

• boyscout862 said thank you

#17 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 11:35 AM

wish I could find a good Cub Cadet deck for that kind of money, even just a  good shell.

I got  a lead on one, but it's 175 miles away.

Edited by dodge trucker, July 21, 2016 - 11:36 AM.

#18 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,465 Thanks
  • 39,697 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 05:11 PM

wish I could find a good Cub Cadet deck for that kind of money, even just a  good shell.

I got  a lead on one, but it's 175 miles away.

I know a guy that is fixing to scrap a bunch of Cubs because folks won't pay what they should be worth! I haven't the resources to save them!

#19 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted July 21, 2016 - 10:45 PM

that's a shame.... I wonder if I could get a deck (or 2) sent this way... I'd hafta find somebody traveling thru that could pick them up "pony express" style to make it work though..... he's looking to scrap whole machines it sounds like?

tell him to join here and advertise them in our ad section before that!

#20 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted July 22, 2016 - 11:17 AM

I know a guy that is fixing to scrap a bunch of Cubs because folks won't pay what they should be worth! I haven't the resources to save them!

that's a shame.... I wonder if I could get a deck (or 2) sent this way... I'd hafta find somebody traveling thru that could pick them up "pony express" style to make it work though..... he's looking to scrap whole machines it sounds like?

tell him to join here and advertise them in our ad section before that!

I agree , get him on here !  If his prices are workable the stuff will go to new homes, if he has "gold-fever" well guess he'll end up scraping...which in turn will drive up the prices on whatever is left. Man I hate to see this cycle of no return. I didn't get in these to make money, I just flat enjoy them :thumbs: 

• KennyP, boyscout862 and BNK have said thanks

#21 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,465 Thanks
  • 39,697 posts

Posted July 22, 2016 - 05:22 PM

He's been on here and wants to wash his hands of it all!

#22 BNK OFFLINE  

BNK
  • Member No: 62066
  • 983 Thanks
  • 444 posts

Posted July 23, 2016 - 06:17 AM

I agree , get him on here !  If his prices are workable the stuff will go to new homes, if he has "gold-fever" well guess he'll end up scraping...which in turn will drive up the prices on whatever is left. Man I hate to see this cycle of no return. I didn't get in these to make money, I just flat enjoy them :thumbs:

I too very much enjoy them and back in the day I had a fairly large collection of some rare ones with rare options. Then I lost my job of 27 yrs. Parting out non runners really helped us out paying the bills...for 3 1/2 yrs we were blessed being my own boss! I met folks from everywhere, I shipped to folks everywhere and we were thankful. Slowly my collection declined selling off our "turn key" units but they went to loving homes, the parts went to needy homes. That is how I looked at it in my humble way.

But to load up a collection and take it to a scrapyard is painful to all of us to comprehend. If this gentleman could set aside his current thoughts and understand the needy both parties will prosper.

No punt intended to you Jim, my friend...you have some of our memories! I will always be thankful for that!   

Attached Thumbnails

• 247386_224064334272538_1959859_n.jpg
  • 100_5375.jpg

• boyscout862 and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#23 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted July 23, 2016 - 12:48 PM

Ah yes, and the trip to pick up the Mott 100 was a story in itself. I'm going to have that out of the barn one of these days (its safely covered clean and dry) and run it in the monthly calendar vote.( I'll share the drive story then) I've added Ag's and wheel weights to the back and have some 3 ribs for the front, but life just seems to have side-tracked everything this last year. The "O" reducer gear box from Betty's "O" that has my and your son's birthday in the serial # is right in front of the tool box waiting patiently for me to be able to get back on the "O" project.

Boyscout862 "Sorry man didn't mean to steal you thread, still glad you were able to save that Cub from sure extinction :thumbs: "

• boyscout862 and BNK have said thanks