• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ChopRod OFFLINE  

ChopRod
  • Member No: 50072
  • 52 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted May 17, 2016 - 09:48 AM

Was wondering if a mid-mount cutter bar mower is worth using on a Ford or Jacobsen open-side garden tractor? Did they work well? Have read they are hard to take off and on but have a 165 that would be only used for that purpose. Secondly, are there any models for other garden tractor brands that could be adapted easily to the Jacobsen/Fords? Are there any Cat 0 3pt models. Would like to have either but don't find much in searches on the internet. Thx. Keith

#2 dblover OFFLINE  

dblover
  • Member No: 73516
  • 266 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted May 17, 2016 - 01:54 PM

While not quite applicable to the Ford, my JD semi-propelled mower cuts much better than my sickle bar mower as the grass is cut uniformly and the grass clippings are tiny pieces.  However, the David Bradley sickle bar mower can cut very high and wet grass without bogging down, unlike the push mower.   Needless to say, with this wet spring, the sickle bar mower has been getting lots of use.  I like to finish the lawn with the JD once it dries enough.

Edited by dblover, May 17, 2016 - 01:54 PM.

• Alc said thank you

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,763 Thanks
  • 7,528 posts

Posted May 17, 2016 - 04:05 PM

Haban made 4' sickles for the GTs. This manual shows the one for earlier Ford/Jacobsens http://gardentractor...ckle-mo-manual/ Good Luck, Rick
  • dualresponse1731 said thank you

#4 ChopRod OFFLINE  

ChopRod
  • Member No: 50072
  • 52 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted May 17, 2016 - 10:38 PM

Thanks. Also found a company named Didier but no info there either. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jacobsen, ford, sickle bar mower