• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Nicky1 OFFLINE  

Nicky1
  • Member No: 74769
  • 6 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 11:29 PM

I have a Ford LGT 100 That I am redoing and the front axle pivot is cast integral with the oil pan. The bores in the oil pan are worn badly [egg shaped].The axle itself is fine as the pin doesn't turn in it. Has anyone come up with a fix for this short of taking it to a machine shop and getting charged a fortune? I have some various reamers and drill bits but being as it is egg shaped it's hard to drill and keep it square.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance, Nicky1

#2 dualresponse1731 OFFLINE  

dualresponse1731
  • Member No: 82482
  • 165 Thanks
  • 134 posts

Posted May 19, 2016 - 09:27 AM

That loose pivot drives me crazy. Silly sloppy steering.

It would be great if someone could fabricate a clampable drill guide for this very problem. It  would secure the drill over the worn holes, you would bore out oversize, and then get some bushings to reduce to the original diameter. Whoever made the guide could rent the jig/drill bit  out to other forum users who were dealing with this issue- which I assume is just about every Ford/Jacobsen user on the planet. Or- just a guide to align the drill to ream out the entire assembly to a larger diameter and install a new pivot bolt. The user would pay a deposit, two way shipping, and a fee, and get to use the guide to solve the problem.

Edited by dualresponse1731, May 19, 2016 - 09:28 AM.