#1 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted March 21, 2010 - 11:39 AM

Here are a couple of pictures of our " his and hers" panzers. I found the first one, a 1965 T-75 and rebuilt it. It is the one with the white steering wheel. My wife said she liked the way it looked and she wanted one to! Never passing up on a reason to buy another tractor I looked for quite a while to find a second Panzer tractor near Wisconsin. I did find a 1963 T-70ES that was very rusty. The only paint left on it was under the carriage bolt that held the seat on!
I did get it restored and repainted and it runs like new. My wife and I go to tractor shows together and get lots of compliments on our pair of Panzers.

1965 T-75
This tractor was an easy restore project. It was in good condition, ran well and only needed to be disassembled and painted. The tractor got new tires all around and as I am an old farm boy I usually have to put ag tread tires on my tractors. The Panzers use a narrowed Dodge car rear end and keep the brake drum with one brake shoe in it so the tractor has individual turning brakes just like the farm tractors do.
The transmission is a three step pulley setup for your forward speeds. For reverse you pull back on the lever and instead of tightening the belt to go ahead, the lever brings the flat part of the pulley against a rubber drive wheel on the engine crankshaft and it spins the pulley backwards and you get reverse.
Posted Image

1963 T-70ES in as found condition. My wife wanted a Panzer also so after about a year of looking I found this one. Panzers are hard to find in Wisconsin. They where built in Pensylvania and West Virginia and didn't have a real strong national distribution. This Panzer was complete, not beat up or dented at all. The engine had been gone through at some time in it's life and didn't need much except a carb rebuild to get it running again. The tires were shot and were replaced. As you can see it did suffer from a lack of paint and an excess of rust. Lucky for me it was fine surface rust and had not pitted the metal so a good sanding, several coats of primer and paint got it looking good again.
Posted Image

The next picture shows the Panzer torn down for painting. You can see how heavy the frame is built. The pipe frame is welded directly to the narrowed Dodge car rear end. The brake pedals extend forward from the brake drum and activate a single shoe on each side. You can see a large sprocket on the front of the pinion shaft. The three step belt pulley drives a shaft with a small 10 tooth sprocket. This small sprocket drives the large sprocket on the pinion shaft which gives the tractor it's gear reduction.

IMG_0191a..jpg

1963 T-70ES after restoring. This became my wife's tractor and she enjoys taking it to shows. At tractor shows the color really stands out among other garden tractors. Both of these Panzers have the optional rear fenders
Posted Image

Edited by tractormike, April 03, 2010 - 08:43 PM.
added info

#2 Bill56 OFFLINE  

Bill56

Tractorholic

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 21, 2010 - 02:05 PM

Very nice restoration!

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 12,685 Thanks
  • 17,204 posts

Posted March 21, 2010 - 07:53 PM

Very nice restoration!

:ditto:
Awesome Job!

#4 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted March 29, 2010 - 11:36 AM

Very nice job on the restoration Mike.:thumbs::thumbs:

#5 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 01, 2010 - 06:55 PM

They look very sharp Mike. I would like to add a Panzer to my want list especially with us living in PA. I will have on eventually, I think they are a neat looking tractor.

#6 seabiscuit OFFLINE  

seabiscuit

• Contributor
  • Member No: 114
  • 1 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted April 11, 2010 - 08:19 PM

Here is a Panzer up for auction in Wakarusa, IN. The auction is slated for May 1st I believe.

Attached Thumbnails

• Pennsylvania trac.jpg
  • Pennsylvania trac.jpg

#7 chopperfreak2k1 OFFLINE  

chopperfreak2k1

Tractorholic

• Member No: 300
  • 17 Thanks
  • 431 posts

Posted April 24, 2010 - 06:05 PM

you have a couple of very sharp Panzers there!! congrats

#8 kbeitz OFFLINE  

kbeitz

• Member No: 984
  • 0 Thanks
  • 21 posts

Posted June 05, 2011 - 02:34 AM

Do you still have the paint code number for the turquoise ???

#9 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted June 06, 2011 - 07:51 AM

I will check and see if I can hunt it up for you. From memory I think it was sherwin- williams tantilizing torquise. I still have the can around and I will check it out for you.

#10 dualsportklx OFFLINE  

dualsportklx

• Member No: 5415
  • 3 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted August 09, 2011 - 02:09 PM

great looking tractor. i have one also but my motor is white. and i see yours is painted blue. do you know if they had different colors to engine. when i bought mine it the paint stilled looked original i am getting ready to paint it this fall. and want to do it right. thanks

#11 plowboy OFFLINE  

plowboy

TRACTOROLOGIST

• Contributor
  • Member No: 7340
  • 133 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted November 17, 2011 - 10:12 AM

thats a good woman right there. might wanna hold on 2 that 1....lol. both rigs look great! u did an amazing job!!