• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 1031d OFFLINE  

1031d

• Member No: 6821
  • 32 Thanks
  • 90 posts

Posted March 24, 2012 - 10:19 PM

Biggest things to always remember with a CASE Hydriv. 15W-40 oil works good. ALWAYS buy and check your owners manual for oil capacity and filling. My 1968 195 actually holds more oil than my 1985 Ingersoll 446. I just love it when people come on forums and frequently ask questions about things that get covered in owners manuals. Inside the manual it states to read it BEFORE operating the machine. How on earth are you going to learn the proper way to use, maintain, and repair your machine without the manuals from the people who know best how to maintain it. Most of these tractor forums have a wide variety of free manuals for download too. Rich, if you werent sure of the information why would you post it? If I came on here and said the hydraulics took 30 gallons of 85W-140 you know some moron would try it then come back on here complaining about misinformation. Not trying to slam anybody but we dont know everything about everything so just post what you know and let somebody else fill in the rest.

#17 cp7 OFFLINE  

cp7

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1369
  • 58 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted March 26, 2012 - 11:08 PM

Thanks for the PM Rick and I'm not mad at you.
It does kind of suck that you deleted your posts so that now we look goofy like we were debating with a ghost.
It doesn't hurt to be wrong because someone will always come and correct you. But that's how we learn.

#18 Rick OFFLINE  

Rick

Tractorholic

• Member No: 344
  • 15 Thanks
  • 168 posts

Posted March 27, 2012 - 09:38 AM

Well,dude when your wrong your wrong. Im glad you let me know of my mistake.My mind is on alot of other things th.ese days{too many to talk about}
I do know better that is the problam

#19 Toolpartzman OFFLINE  

Toolpartzman

Fun With Horsepower

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 7171
  • 468 Thanks
  • 1,280 posts

Posted May 27, 2012 - 05:07 AM

My 3.5 cents-Lots of good info above from Hydrive, others-Hose and oil type is critical as well as the Torx Clamps. What has not been mentioned clearly is that a leak on the suction side of the pump may NOT be clearly visable as air is the culprit in that situation, being "drawn in" (actually forced in) either though broken internal hose braids caused by the screw clamps or simply the fit of the connection itself. This causes the foaming to form in the pump and cavitate-.This is also difficult to see as it appears a milky brown color unlike the clear amber color of fresh oil.

As the pump "pressurizes" the fluid, those little air bubbles don't like it and they compress, giving a mushy feel to the operation. I can't recall Op pressure of the Cases, but above 900 PSI, those little bubbles explode causing the pump to eat itself. You can buy lots of clamps and oil for the price of a pump.