• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gillis.jim OFFLINE  

Gillis.jim
  • Member No: 79834
  • 215 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 04:16 PM

Got a couple of our tractors in the shop today for some service.

Did an oil change on the Deere Lt180.

Also got the yt-12 in for some work. The deck was leaning to one side and was cutting the lawn shorter on one side and longer on the other.

So I adjusted the height of the two hooks that hold the deck on the lift mechanism. When I was doing so, I noticed that the hooks had grooves worn in them from riding on the lift mechanism.

Took the hooks off, filled them in with the Mig welder and reinstalled them and adjusted them to the correct height. Much better now. Even on both sides. 95a1c20d1ebf0ff199bf6c532d7dc784.jpg05ad1f1b36b32ff59ebec8e735ebb01d.jpg071e2e1fe99a3d7a67bb797a445eceda.jpg8903ee3431a88a4955738bc0e1105392.jpg
  • Bolens 1000, Gtractor, limebuzz and 6 others have said thanks

#2 Natureboy OFFLINE  

Natureboy
  • Member No: 49649
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 04:36 PM

Nice job on the hook. The center rockshaft slots on my S16 needed the same treatment. Got to love the mig welder.
  • KennyP, boyscout862 and Gillis.jim have said thanks

#3 Gillis.jim OFFLINE  

Gillis.jim
  • 215 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 05:30 PM

Nice job on the hook. The center rockshaft slots on my S16 needed the same treatment. Got to love the mig welder.

Quite handy that's for sure! Beats buying new ones!

#4 John Arsenault OFFLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 770 Thanks
  • 510 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 05:31 PM

Thats LT180 is a disaster waiting to happen. I had the 110 model of that tractor. If its a customers treat them nice they will keep you busy. It was a smooth running little hydro when new but was constantly in need of parts due to bad design and poor quality. I also don't mind not banging my kneee with that spring loaded pto lever.

Great weld job though, just a shame that a lawn mower that has seen such little use has wear points like that.

#5 Gillis.jim OFFLINE  

Gillis.jim
  • 215 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 07:36 PM

Thats LT180 is a disaster waiting to happen. I had the 110 model of that tractor. If its a customers treat them nice they will keep you busy. It was a smooth running little hydro when new but was constantly in need of parts due to bad design and poor quality. I also don't mind not banging my kneee with that spring loaded pto lever.

Great weld job though, just a shame that a lawn mower that has seen such little use has wear points like that.

Really? The LT180 belongs to my parents. Only has 160 hrs on it. (Maybe that's why it still works so great!) Time will tell as the hour meter ticks on!

I did find it kind of odd that the hooks wore out so badly on the yt-12. It has lived a hard life though. It was in quite a state when I first bought it! It was quite rough and looked in desperate need of some tlc. The PO was a HUGE man. He picked the tractor up and tossed it in my trailer for me since the hydro release lever was missing and it wouldn't start. So I'm guessing there will be a few issues I'll come across as the season goes on.

Don't let the fresh paint fool you! She's good from far, but far from good! ;)
  • limebuzz and Alc have said thanks