#1 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 02:41 PM

Start doing stuff you don't really want to do. Cold here, about mid 50's.  Wife is mowing, if you wanna call it that!  She doesn't understand NOT to blow grass into next area you are cutting and it builds up in big piles then. We have a hay feild today, got away with rain days here, so plenty of piles now. She misses little spots from turning too soon and just not looking at it better. She needs to wear her glasses maybe to see the problem.  Hates when I say that!  Then she wants me to trim, so did that some after she is dragging the mower out cause I wasn't. :D  The she says We are Weed-eating!  Awww, darn!  But, the weed-eater won't run, can't see problem, throw it aside.  Electric won't let string come out, locks up while trying to use. So much for the AUTO feed, give me the bump type any day. Used a little, rewound string twice, then Tossed that aside.  She get's out blower to do WHAT, not sure, it don't work.  She didn't have all the plastic on from when we took off the vac parts.  Fix that, toss that aside!  She wanted to put out dirt we bought in bags to the garden spots.  I get it out of truck onto trailer, take around and throw them off to the spots she wants to work.  Took the little trailer, tossed that aside!   Picked up some tools and cords, and put away.  Forgot also while we are mowing have to move my cable around, laying in yard still. Wife not so good at following instructions on mowing around that.  Can't Toss the Wife Aside!  Sure wanted to.  Told here we needed a break, but she just goes on and on. Finally got a lunch, I told here I was DONE for the day. Folding the engine hoist up it tipped over on me and legs kept falling as I was putting it up.  Everything I touched was a disaster today and Tossed Aside!!   This whole day should have been Tossed Aside!  About wore out, gotta work tonight, going to lay down soon. I'm going to BE Tossed Aside and loving that part!  Hope work day goes better, probly won't! :toilethead: :pushmower: :ah_shoot: :sleep_sign:

• Gtractor, hamman, KennyP and 6 others have said thanks

#2 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 02:53 PM

Please pass my condolences (an expression of sympathy) on to

Mrs. glgrumpy.

I can't imagine how she puts up with you.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#3 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 03:08 PM

Yep I hear ya,I mow 7 yards around town during the year,Last week everything was fine,This week the jd 210 developes carb problems I have repaired 3 times(like the float sinks and fuel runs out of the air cleaner)Hit the corner of a sidewalk I have gone over a thousand times and never hit before,Ripped one of the wheels and the mount completely off the deck and into the blades,Then under the tire! with the jd 110,The weed eater decided it wanted to run part time and is  apparently on vacation,Then today the seat spring seat mounts both broke on the 110 and I went over backwards and landed on my head so now its down till I figure out what I want to do with it but at least I finished all the mowing for this week

• MH81, boyscout862 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#4 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 6,626 Thanks
  • 3,919 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 04:30 PM

I thought it was just me!

EVER-THANG is breaking this year.  Cars, mowers, appliances..... 

https://www.youtube....h?v=lHcEWhbQkEg

• boyscout862 and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#5 Natureboy OFFLINE  

Natureboy
  • Member No: 49649
  • 73 Thanks
  • 86 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 04:34 PM

Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you...

• MH81, KennyP, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#6 Bmerf OFFLINE  

Bmerf

Patina Farmer / Rust Collector

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 9846
  • 1,708 Thanks
  • 1,445 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 07:08 PM

They call that karma.

Fill your life with negatives; and everything will be.

I, myself, prefer to live on the other side of the fence.

Had a great day! :poke:

• olcowhand, KennyP, Paulgo and 1 other said thanks

#7 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,319 Thanks
  • 28,636 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 09:47 PM

Hope the nite life is better GL.
Had days like that. Makes you wonder who you peeved off.
  • KennyP and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#8 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,310 Thanks
  • 1,106 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 10:31 PM

Best bet is to walk away!

If more than 1 thing goes to crap, drop all of it, and walk away.

Ya see, personally I believe the 3 count rule, If things are going bad that day, and its more than twice, and looking like 3, I walk away. Chances are, if its a bad day, it's only gonna get worse...Good luck;)
  • MH81, KennyP, Sawdust and 2 others have said thanks

#9 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,662 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 07:04 AM

Well work went fairly good. New job addition was keeping me there at times, but not as bad as first thought.  Engineers think it's better, but workers don't. Paper version vs. REAL version of the process.  Tired and going to bed now, need that for sure! 

• Sawdust and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#10 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 280 Thanks
  • 269 posts

Posted June 02, 2016 - 04:20 PM

So far my week has been pretty good. On my morning walk a couple of days ago I saw a 25'' flat screen tv in front of a neighbors house with a free sign on it so I thought WTH I drag it home and see if it works. After about an hour of troubleshooting I determined the remote needed new batteries and the contacts cleaned. TV powered on and worked fine so now I have a garage tv!

Today on my morning walk I found a $20 bill. Strange because I usually walk against oncoming traffic but I was behind an old guy walking an old dog so I changed to the other side of the street. I would have never seen it if i walked my usual path. I think Iw ill buy a couple of lottery tickets today! Made a couple of good scores at the local free market as well, a nice Williams 3/8'' drive ratchet for $4.

I'll try to send some good karma your way.

Edited by lrhredjb, June 02, 2016 - 04:21 PM.

• Sawdust and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#11 lrhredjb OFFLINE  

lrhredjb

• Contributor
  • Member No: 3984
  • 280 Thanks
  • 269 posts

Posted June 02, 2016 - 04:22 PM

So far my week has been pretty good. On my morning walk a couple of days ago I saw a 25'' flat screen tv in front of a neighbors house with a free sign on it so I thought WTH I drag it home and see if it works. After about an hour of troubleshooting I determined the remote needed new batteries and the contacts cleaned. TV powered on and worked fine so now I have a garage tv!

Today on my morning walk I found a $20 bill. Strange because I usually walk against oncoming traffic but I was behind and old guy walking an old dog so I changed to the other side of the street. I would have never seen it if i walked my usual path. I think Iw ill buy a couple of lottery tickets today! Made a couple of good scores at the local free market as well, a nice Williams 3/8'' drive ratchet for $4.

I'll try to send some good karma your way.

• Reed Breneman said thank you