• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mark_Rice OFFLINE  

Mark_Rice
  • Member No: 82931
  • 1 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 08:57 AM

I just bought my first Power King. Its a 16-14. It hass a 48" mower and a Snow blade. but I am curious as what else was offered and who would the best people to contact for information and attachments?

• Auburn David said thank you

#2 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,729 Thanks
  • 4,286 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 09:11 AM

Welcome to the forum. I split your post into it's own thread to give you better exposure. I know our manuals section contains the most Powerking info ever assembled. It is the contents of a thumb drive that Larry Goss assembled over several years and was kind enough to share with us. You can download 3 per day for free.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,802 Thanks
  • 7,542 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 09:16 AM

Welcome to GTT. Post some pics, ask more questions, and relax. Good Luck, Rick

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,475 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 10:14 AM

Good bunch of fellas on here for PK.  There is also a good Yahoogroups for Power king at their site.  Ebay has plenty of used parts. Mission Manufacturing in S. Indiana is the owner of the brand name and has new parts. Some things in metal line only available used, but not hard to find. There was about any attachment you would ever want made available for the tractor. Most any brand with Cat O three-point or Sleeve hitch connections can be adopted or used on the PK. Look through some of the postings here in PK forum and look at the pictures, lots of info there to study.

#5 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • Member No: 62466
  • 1,009 Thanks
  • 835 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 10:19 AM

Hi Mark_Rice, welcome to GTT and Power King ownership great tractors, this is as good a place as any to aks and learn about Power Kings, as posted check out the manuals section, as for finding parts as posted e bay and another is Jerry Frank at the PK Barn

he also sells om e bay under US Supply good to do business with. Post some pictures of your tractor. 

#6 Wolfie OFFLINE  

Wolfie
  • Member No: 82957
  • 5 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 07:37 AM

Howdy Folks!

I'm also a new PK owner and have questions. I bought a 1979 2414 yesterday. The engine turns by hand but is seems like the trans is locked up. This seems like a great forum. I never even heard of PK's before last week. But I have learned a lot from this site in the past few days. Great work guys!WP_20160515_15_05_16_Pro.jpg WP_20160515_16_58_17_Pro.jpg WP_20160515_15_06_42_Pro.jpg

• Austen said thank you

#7 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 08:10 AM

The engine turns by hand but is seems like the trans is locked up

That seems to be a common problem , I bought one that was that way , the bearings inside the transmission were rusted fast and needed replacing , maybe water got into yours too ?  You could try checking the site plug on the side ( through the round cut in the trans tunnel )  or just drain the trans which you might want to do anyway . Maybe you can get lucky and free it up it it's not as bad as mine , Good Luck ,,

• Wolfie said thank you

#8 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,009 Thanks
  • 835 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 09:11 AM

Hi Wolfie, welcome to the group and PK ownership, as Alc posted water could have gotten in the tranny if it sat outside this is a real possibility, or it could be stuck in 2 gears this also happen wen the trans shift gets worn, check the manuals section here on the site there lots of them for the PK's  Here's a link to some good trans information

http://www.speedextr...x_files/t92.htm

• Alc and Wolfie have said thanks

#9 Wolfie OFFLINE  

Wolfie
  • 5 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 03:26 PM

Thanks guys, ya'll are right. I pulled the top off the trans and it was full of water. I drained it and refilled it with diesel. hopefully , it will break loose. 

I am starting to see why so many guys love these tractors, they are easy to get attached to

• Alc said thank you

#10 MNGB OFFLINE  

MNGB
  • 1,009 Thanks
  • 835 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 03:52 PM

Yea water getting in the trans is one of the things a guy has to watch, if they sit out in the weather and the shifter boot is loose water gets in, on mine I got a new boot and packed it with grease and got as much grease around the shifter as would stay then slipped the boot down and ty-raped it around the shift rod.

Hopefully yours will loosen up, another good penetrant is a 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone that will get in everywhere and loosen things up its better than diesel.

• KennyP and Wolfie have said thanks

#11 Wolfie OFFLINE  

Wolfie
  • 5 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 17, 2016 - 06:40 AM

well, the diesel worked! used a 1" open end wrench to turn the output shaft back an forth till it spun freely. a lil gas sprayed in the carb, filed the points an she fired up! not bad for a $200 tractor!

• Alc, BowDown and MNGB have said thanks

#12 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 855 Thanks
  • 567 posts

Posted May 18, 2016 - 12:03 PM

Wow, that was quite a deal! Congrats!

Edited by Austen, May 18, 2016 - 12:03 PM.

#13 SNUFFY OFFLINE  

SNUFFY
  • Member No: 47170
  • 184 Thanks
  • 267 posts

Posted June 15, 2016 - 08:02 AM

Wolfie, on 17 May 2016 - 07:40 AM, said:

well, the diesel worked! used a 1" open end wrench to turn the output shaft back an forth till it spun freely. a lil gas sprayed in the carb, filed the points an she fired up! not bad for a $200 tractor!

I`m at that stage in my redo ....front gear next to housing absolutely stuck. My diesel/oil mix ran out the front around the clutch housing....Where did you get a hold of the output shaft...outside the trans housing where the drive shaft attaches ???? Mine has the cover around the drive shaft and I see no way to get to the shaft even if  I unbolt the cover on both ends  ...am I missing something about driveshaft removal.????