• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 196thlib OFFLINE  

196thlib
  • Member No: 82653
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 09:35 PM

I have david bradley,took the clutch assembly apart for repair,and now I am having time trying to put it back together.I have the spring type clutch, and in order for me to put  it back together I have to compress the spring , so is there a trick on how to do that?

#2 Lauber1 OFFLINE  

Lauber1

DB restorer

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4926
  • 3,440 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 11:59 PM

no real trick as that's an easy clutch, just get the bearing and washer behind it right, slide the inner plate on, then a clutch disc, the pully, another clutch disc, then the outer cup. all that's left is putting the pin though the outer cup thru the shaft. You need to make sure that you have all the correct parts in there and not ones somebody thought would be a good replacement. Goes to this site and look at the manual pictures of the assembly. we might even have a manual in the walk-behind manual area here. http://amigatec.net/.../David_Bradley/

#3 196thlib OFFLINE  

196thlib
  • Member No: 82653
  • 0 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 06:03 PM

no real trick as that's an easy clutch, just get the bearing and washer behind it right, slide the inner plate on, then a clutch disc, the pully, another clutch disc, then the outer cup. all that's left is putting the pin though the outer cup thru the shaft. You need to make sure that you have all the correct parts in there and not ones somebody thought would be a good replacement. Goes to this site and look at the manual pictures of the assembly. we might even have a manual in the walk-behind manual area here. http://amigatec.net/.../David_Bradley/

This clutch is a spring loaded clutch, it has a spring  that goes in the spring case and its the first part to go in the output shaft ,and in order for me to put the pin through the outer cup I have to compress it somehow

#4 IWLBCNU OFFLINE  

IWLBCNU

• Member No: 5214
  • 120 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted May 19, 2016 - 01:23 PM

The clutch lever should compress the spring when disengaged, think it has a cup over the spring.