• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Chucktin ONLINE  

Chucktin
  • Member No: 81957
  • 32 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 06:07 AM

I had a Cub Cadet. 2910, 46" deck, hydro. Kohler engine.
Had.
What's left is a pile of melted plastic on top of a so-so deck at the Mechanic's shop. He can have it. No more Kohlers for this lad😠.
Now I've got a 42" Husqvarna (2015) with the Kawasaki 18.5 hp engine. Something of a come down, rides rougher, doesn't maneuver as well but it fits through the walk-gate better.
Anyone had problems with these Kawa engines? Oil leaks? Starting? Fuel usage? Belts? Spark plugs?
Here in sunny Bug-A-dah we have to keep a clean air filter (dust and such) and keep after the grass clumps in the decks.
Any and all advice welcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
  • irisbh4 said thank you

#2 Auburn David OFFLINE  

Auburn David
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 61865
  • 2,754 Thanks
  • 1,962 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 08:52 AM

You find what caused the fire?

#3 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 03:00 PM

that's one reason why I prefer the old K series Kohlers   

#4 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 04:58 PM

Yeah, what's the deal on fire?  The big Briggs V's are almost the same designs and little cheaper to buy. Most are also Vertical shaft now days. I know my newer Deere has big duct on top of hood and touches top of shroud and says not to run with hood open, as it needs quite a stream of air over it to keep cool I guess. Have seen that on other tractors as well. They recommend keeping all shrouding in place for that reason.

What Husqvarna (sic) do you have?  I'm thinking of looking at one of those in the bigger size for my yard. Seem to be nice looking and easy to operate unit. Would be the bigger model, not the lighter one with smaller wheels. It has bigger deck and built stronger.

#5 Chucktin ONLINE  

Chucktin
  • Member No: 81957
  • 32 Thanks
  • 34 posts

Posted May 30, 2016 - 10:26 AM

The Husqvarna is a model YT 42 LS. I take it that means a Yard Tractor with a 42 inch deck and LS means a Hydro transaxle(?)
The Cub Cadet (2010 LTX46) had a Kohler Command engine ("run Forest, run!")
The Kohler seeped oil from under the shroud of the left cylinder, I had that fixed (haha) 2 years ago. Apparently the muffler set dried grass which had accumulated on top of the muffler alight, which lit the oil, etc, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk