• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 holdenboy1960 ONLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 04:36 AM

Was talking to the Cousin on Tuesday in the little town ( Boonah ) near where i stay , he told me there was some riders in the tip ( rubbish dump )

So on Thursday i hooked the trailer on & ushered off into town to see what there was ,

Had a yarn with the bloke there & he pointed we where to go for a look & this is what i salvaged out of it , this pic is of a Craftsman only for the front end & bits as i already have 1 the  same

P9280057.JPG the Blue Machine is a Rover Rancher 2 1970's the same as the yellow 1 i use Daily

P9280059.JPG but it is somewhat damaged from them pushing it into the rubbish ( steel ) pile but it has the original engine in it 1978 by numbers & bonus it's got the model alloy plate on it & readable for the numbers P9280060.JPG , g/box & front end is missing but i got an original G/box for it 3 sp peerless ,

Bolens had the same g/boxes & 5 sp too , These are some other bits i collected too pulleys & axle boss kits for rear wheels & bit P9280058.JPG               the cutter deck is Craftsman 42" cutter from the white chassis there 

i intent to restore the Blue 1 back as close as i can to standard orig & by using some panels & bits off my yellow machine , i do have option to 5 sp g/box if i want though 

this is a pic of my daily user Rover Rancher 2 , same as the blue 1 just modded P9280068.JPG

Shane

Edited by holdenboy1960, May 14, 2016 - 04:37 AM.

• MH81, coldone, hamman and 9 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,399 Thanks
  • 39,659 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 04:59 AM

Nice save on those!

• boyscout862 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#3 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,262 Thanks
  • 28,604 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 05:19 AM

Parts is good.
Tried to follow one thing, are you using your go to girl for parts or do you have other parts for the blue one?

#4 Mtypython ONLINE  

Mtypython
  • Member No: 80530
  • 258 Thanks
  • 290 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 05:39 AM

Nice find

#5 holdenboy1960 ONLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 07:29 AM

Parts is good.
Tried to follow one thing, are you using your go to girl for parts or do you have other parts for the blue one?

i will be exchanging parts from the yellow 1 to complete the blue 1 as the blue 1 has the original engine & such ,

only genuine spare parts i have aside is rear axle , full set of rims & tires & g/box's maybe a steering wheel

so just picking the best for the blue unit to keep it original as possible,  the resto won't take place for a bit as i got to finish the home made TRactor 1st  so i got 1 to use while i toy with them 

MH81 hope that answers your Q m8

Shane 

• MH81 said thank you

#6 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,122 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 09:54 PM

I would be hauling home all kinds of stuff like this from our landfill----except the nazis that run the city will have you arrested for theft of city property, and since I am a city employee I'd lose my job too!  I hate it when my job periodically requires me to drive a tanker to the dump. I have to drive right by the scrap piles----so much useful stuff getting destroyed. Most metal stuff gets hauled across the highway to a metal recycler so it's not going in the landfill, but dang, smashing good stuff just isn't recycling in my opinion.

This policy probably saved my marriage though---

DAC

Edited by MFDAC, May 14, 2016 - 09:55 PM.

• limebuzz, MH81 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#7 holdenboy1960 ONLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 08:16 AM

Dac , i i hear what your saying though , it's only by generosity that i'm alloyed to get a few bits from the tip as i know the council worker there ,

because we not supposed to have anything either m8 , it is govnm scrap only normally , so i consider myself grateful for the stuff 

• MFDAC said thank you

#8 MFDAC OFFLINE  

MFDAC

Only member from Western South Dakota!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5815
  • 2,026 Thanks
  • 1,122 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 10:06 PM

Dac , i i hear what your saying though , it's only by generosity that i'm alloyed to get a few bits from the tip as i know the council worker there ,

because we not supposed to have anything either m8 , it is govnm scrap only normally , so i consider myself grateful for the stuff 

The part that eats at me the most is that some citizen just threw that tractor part or whatever out and soon as it touches the ground it's city property. If someone else could use it and grabs it they are a thief! To me re-use IS recycling.

You are a lucky guy to have some connections like that!

DAC

• holdenboy1960 said thank you

#9 holdenboy1960 ONLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted May 20, 2016 - 09:32 AM

DAC exactly , i walked away from 5 other riders & such as i did not want to see the man in trouble for letting me in at the stuff so just got the most important things to me & left , let alone the  8 + mowers that was there just left them behind 

&  yes as soon as anything hits the dirt it is council property , just sad ,& a waste of products 

went to School with him which helped me 

• MFDAC said thank you

#10 holdenboy1960 ONLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted May 20, 2016 - 11:38 AM

Have a Q ?? 

should i continue posting in here the (Rancher 2 ,Blue 1) updates in progress of restore & tinkering or start a new thread on the slow go restore of it ???                      as it will take quite a time to do in between other stuff  &  post it as a restore unit 

Shane