• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,804 Thanks
  • 7,545 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 09:47 AM

Don't put the dog in there. She is obviously attached to you(as she should be) and it would be torture to her to be left there without you.

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Keep a set of normal stuff at home. BTW Murphy's Law applies: the sooner you get rid of something, the sooner you will need it.

If I was in your position, I'd be very overwhelmed and very happy. Proceed carefully. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, May 14, 2016 - 09:48 AM.

• KennyP, Sawdust, Reed Breneman and 1 other said thanks

#32 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 11:27 PM

finally got to take some pics of the outside,as you will see it is heated via outdoor wood furnace which works well for me as I heat my house the same way,Also note the steel siding and steel roof,the building should last for quite a while I would think

Attached Thumbnails

• PTDC0004.JPG
  • PTDC0003.JPG
  • PTDC0002.JPG
  • PTDC0005.JPG
  • PTDC0006.JPG
  • PTDC0001.JPG

• olcowhand, Alc, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#33 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 06:54 AM

Good looking building.
Have you been upstairs yet?
  • Reed Breneman said thank you

#34 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 07:03 AM

This is bad,actually no,I havent,his wife said there was some inventory and maybe some motors but she didnt really know what her husband might have up there,thats on the list for today. If you look at the pic with the front of my car in it in the right hand side of the building above the garage door you can see the out line of the upstairs door,I need to bring my ladder to reach it.Eventually I would like to put stairs from the inside up

• olcowhand and Sawdust have said thanks

#35 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 08:48 AM

Don't put the dog in there. She is obviously attached to you(as she should be) and it would be torture to her to be left there without you.

Don't put all of your eggs in one basket. Keep a set of normal stuff at home. BTW Murphy's Law applies: the sooner you get rid of something, the sooner you will need it.

If I was in your position, I'd be very overwhelmed and very happy. Proceed carefully. Good Luck, Rick

Yeah I have thought about it and the dog is gonna stay home,if someone broke in and hurt her I would feel awful,She will visit during the day with me but wont be left alone,and I will be keeping 1 chest of tools here at home ,Nothing more annoying then having to run to the shop for a screw driver

• boyscout862 said thank you

#36 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,320 Thanks
  • 28,640 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 08:48 AM

Yeah, that hatch caught my eye pretty quick.
  • boyscout862 and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#37 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 15, 2016 - 06:09 PM

all that was up stairs was some transmision parts and odds and ends inventory,However it is very nice dry storage

• KennyP said thank you

#38 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 20, 2016 - 08:38 PM

update,,,Been cleaning and sorting ,the shop is lookin lots better,the drive on homemade lawn mower work table is in now and the montgomery wards is occupying it so I can finally finish it,Found lots more tools then what I thought I had ,Hauled some of my tools up there.I will get some pics soon

• olcowhand and KennyP have said thanks

#39 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,653 Thanks
  • 29,841 posts

Posted May 20, 2016 - 08:40 PM

As you already know, you scored an awesomely amazing deal!   :dancingbanana:

• Reed Breneman said thank you

#40 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 21, 2016 - 06:25 AM

Yes ,I think I did also,and the financing,,,,,,,,But I think to me the nicest part is I didnt haggle her down like others would have.I gave her what she asked of me and I can sleep well at night,And thats worth quite a bit!

• Bmerf said thank you

#41 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 26, 2016 - 07:32 PM

I have found out how many "new" friends you get when you buy a shop like this.I have been practically told how some of them are gonna come and put a new motor in their truck or car or they need to come and use my equipment to repaint thier car or truck or tractor ,ya know it will only be there a coulpe weeks or so!!!!Even had one kinda friend of mine tell me he was gonna store his jeep in my shop so it wouldnt have to sit outside anymore,just put it in the corner ,it wont take up that much room,Then he needs a key so he can come and work on things as he pleases.Another guy said I needed a refridgerator with beer and pop in it ,He would bring on right over and I could use it for free if he could keep his meat stored in the freezer part ,of course he would need a key also and if I didnt mind he would put his tools in the shop to that way he could fix his stuff,Heres the best one ,One guy said he wants to put his tools in my shop and then he can do repair to and we can split the money,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Let me see,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Call me an a hole but NO ,,,,,HELL NO,What runs thru these peoples heads????I would never have the balls to ask that

• limebuzz, Alc, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#42 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,733 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted May 26, 2016 - 08:13 PM

Gee Reed, Ir's a shame you're so far away. I could use some storage too. You wouldn't need to store my tools. I'll just lose......er...I mean use yours!! :rolling: 

• KennyP, HDWildBill and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#43 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 26, 2016 - 08:17 PM

Gee Reed, Ir's a shame you're so far away. I could use some storage too. You wouldn't need to store my tools. I'll just lose......er...I mean use yours!! :rolling: 

Sure ,,,,Why not!!!! I wasnt really bitchin about it but it is remarkable what people will ask

• DougT and KennyP have said thanks

#44 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,770 Thanks
  • 7,704 posts

Posted May 26, 2016 - 08:25 PM

Just ask them for a key to their house so you can go in an us the couch and toilet when you want to. 

• Alc, KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#45 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,733 Thanks
  • 4,290 posts

Posted May 26, 2016 - 09:48 PM

Sure ,,,,Why not!!!! I wasnt really bitchin about it but it is remarkable what people will ask

I know the feeling. I've got a 3 bay shop with lifts. The common thought is that they won't need to bother me with fixing their cars if I just let them use the lift and tools. Of course, they might need some free advice along the way. Shouldn't be a problem since I can only use one at a time anyway. Sometimes I wonder if I could make more renting the bay by the hour, renting tools, and charging for advice. There would be a lot of CYA on liability and most of those type don't feel there should be any charge for that kind of thing. After all, they are keeping me company!  If you ever figure them out, let me know!

• Alc, KennyP and Reed Breneman have said thanks