• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#16 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,803 Thanks
  • 7,543 posts

Posted May 13, 2016 - 07:01 AM

Congratulations, that seems like a deal of a lifetime. I hope that you are getting a deed to the property and that your lawyer has done a title search. The sale contract should included "all contents". Taxes and insurance can be a nasty suprise. I had a small business 16 years ago I had to say the heck with it because of the cost of insurance.

There seems to be alot of nice tools and supplies in there. Get a file cabinet and find all the manuals for the shop tools. I hope that this is your dream shop. Good Luck, Rick

• Sawdust and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#17 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • Member No: 72922
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 13, 2016 - 07:36 AM

oh yes,my attorny was definetly involved,final paperwork should be complete today.we also did a complete inventory,the real sweet part of this is I didnt have thats kind of money in my sock drawer and didnt want to go to the bank because the bank always wants to tie things all together and my house will be paid for next september and I dont want it used for any loan and she didnt really want all the money at once so I bought it no money down and $200 a month payments,so we did a promisary note ,a deed of trust,and a warrantee deed,after a title search and a check for back taxes,so far everything has checked out and we are finalizeing the paperwork,

• KennyP, boyscout862 and Sawdust have said thanks

#18 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 13, 2016 - 07:39 AM

I forgot to add my attorney has her own title office and is a friend of mine ,Closing costs are $200 to

$250

• MH81, grnspot110, KennyP and 2 others have said thanks

#19 HDWildBill OFFLINE  

HDWildBill

Freedom is not Free. Thank those in uniform for your freedom.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6354
  • 8,710 Thanks
  • 8,563 posts

Posted May 13, 2016 - 08:55 AM

Man if I were you I would be checking my six regularly because the cops will be coming when they find out you stole that shop!   I have easily 15K in my shop and I don't have any thing near what is in that shop.  Man you should be realllllly HAPPY!  Congratulations!  It will be interesting to see what you do with it.

• KennyP, boyscout862 and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#20 sodisr OFFLINE  

sodisr
  • Member No: 9153
  • 651 Thanks
  • 762 posts

Posted May 13, 2016 - 10:51 AM

Congratulations...   That indeed is a dream come true..  Don't forget to work on an inventory. ( I know that won't be easy ) but a necessity . Also check into locks and security.. Ya never know these days..    Anyway  ,,nice score and thank the wife...

• KennyP, boyscout862 and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#21 UncleWillie ONLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,763 Thanks
  • 7,703 posts

Posted May 13, 2016 - 03:31 PM

Thief! You stole that. Sweet set up.
  • boyscout862 and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#22 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,483 Thanks
  • 39,716 posts

Posted May 13, 2016 - 05:13 PM

Sounds like you have the buying end covered! Major locks and anything to foil thieves would be next!

• boyscout862, holdenboy1960 and Reed Breneman have said thanks

#23 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,317 Thanks
  • 4,664 posts

Posted May 13, 2016 - 06:25 PM

Sounds like you have the buying end covered! Major locks and anything to foil thieves would be next!

A couple big mean dogs do nicely for the security system!

Nice grab and even better deal she gave you!  Some of those tools are artifacts and you will need to spend time figuring out how to use them!

#24 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 07:28 AM

On the security end there is a full alarm system and I intend to install a full camera system and I have a big solid black grumpy german shepard I could maybe have there but I dont know if she would be happy or not as she currently sleeps on the floor on my side of the bed and usually isnt far from me

• KennyP, boyscout862, sodisr and 2 others have said thanks

#25 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 07:42 AM

Man if I were you I would be checking my six regularly because the cops will be coming when they find out you stole that shop!   I have easily 15K in my shop and I don't have any thing near what is in that shop.  Man you should be realllllly HAPPY!  Congratulations!  It will be interesting to see what you do with it.

Wait till you see it when I start puttin my tools in there,I have tons of my own but havent had anywhere to have them out,For example I have 3 full oxy= accetelyne torch sets,I have 6 big roll around tool chests of my own that are full.I own a 12x 60 house trailer on my property that is nothing but tool storage.I really needed a place to set up all my stuff so I can really work on things.My old shop(current one)is a 18x20 enclosed carport.It worked but only was suppose to be temporary when we moved here 4 years ago.Right now to work on something you have to run back and forth from the carport to the trailer and hunt for tools,,,,,,that sucks

• Alc, KennyP, HDWildBill and 1 other said thanks

#26 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,752 Thanks
  • 8,921 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 07:45 AM

How large is the new acquisition?

#27 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 08:03 AM

Congrats on the buy , you pretty much bought the shop & the hardware & software were given to you , top  deal i think & every 1 is happy & that's what counts 

Shane 

#28 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 08:15 AM

How large is the new acquisition?

approx 50 x 100 with plenty of lot left for lord forbid,,,adding on or parking behind the building and it has a full second story for storage,metal siding and metal roof installed about 5 years ago and a new sidewalk last summer

• Alc, boyscout862 and Sawdust have said thanks

#29 Reed Breneman OFFLINE  

Reed Breneman
  • 414 Thanks
  • 180 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 08:20 AM

I am going thru the inventory and tools at home and at the shop and am going to sell off the extra stuff I dont need(like 100 new oil filters ,about 100 serpentine belts,transmission rebuild kits(lots of gm parts)most everything has been identified as to what it fits so that will help

• KennyP, boyscout862, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#30 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,523 Thanks
  • 2,831 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 09:43 AM

I thought I was happy for you before but now overwhelmed especially about the financing. Make sure you thank the misses for your support. By the way a few pics of the exterior would be good to...so we all can drool even more.
  • Alc, KennyP, holdenboy1960 and 1 other said thanks