FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 07:47 PM

Ok guys, this is odd... I just got done rebuilding the carb and fuel pump on my OH140 motor. Now this is running the Ed Stoller ignition conversion and the spark seems good. Ed tested the coil pick up and said to run the adjustment as wide as it will go.

I have fuel, too much fuel in fact, it seems to be flooding and popping out the carb and muffler. I have adjusted the fuel needle as low as it will go and between 1/4 to the seat to 3+ out makes little difference.

I have not looked at the valves yet, nor the keyway on the flywheel. But before I do, any ideas? Maybe the governor?? I will have to check that too, but these area all things that I did not touch. The ignition is new, but that should be fine, I have done them before and it appears to be an fuel problem.

I am uploading a video to you-tube so you can take a peek and see what it's doing. I will add the link when it is done.

#2 caseguy OFFLINE  

caseguy

Connoisseur of Rusty Junk

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 906
  • 1,624 Thanks
  • 5,600 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 08:16 PM

Too much fuel, enough to flood usually points to a float / needle valve problem. Pull the bowl and make sure that the seat is in good shape /installed correctly and that there isn't any debris blocking the needle from seating.

#3 FirefyterEmt OFFLINE  

FirefyterEmt

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 610
  • 425 Thanks
  • 849 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 08:19 PM

Hmmm, that could be something! I feel like an idiot for not thinking that! I did check the seal by blowing through it, but I never checked the float adjustment it self! I also used the new needle that came with the kit, that might not be the exact same.