EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 2,293 Thanks
  • 2,329 posts

Posted May 09, 2016 - 04:35 PM

Massey Ferguson 7

This one has been sitting in an old barn for 25+ years.I'm selling it for someone so I don't know any history on it.

Don't know much about it other than it's all original and doesn't seem to be missing any parts.Engine looks different color because I sprayed down the throttle cable really good with PB Blaster and it ran all over the place.Gas tank needs cleaned and the Carb might need replaced.Front tires are shot Rear tires are pretty bad to.

I'm going to pull the carb and see if I can get it cleaned up but the throttle and choke are stuck so it might be to far gone.Gas tank should clean up.It's not to bad.It does crank over and it does seem to have decent compression and Spark.Going to try and get it running for him in the next couple days.

Deck is really solid but needs gone through.

Hood Nose has 1 small crack on the top corner.

He's asking $300

Don't know what these little guys are worth.

100_1639.JPG 100_1640.JPG 100_1636.JPG

100_1637.JPG 100_1638.JPG 100_1635.JPG

Edited by MH81, July 09, 2016 - 09:27 AM.

• boyscout862, davy and milliebh3 have said thanks

#2 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,293 Thanks
  • 2,329 posts

Posted May 09, 2016 - 08:02 PM

Edit:

Took the Carb off and got it apart.It looks worse than it is.It will clean up really good.It has a light varnish layer on the float and in the bottom of the bowl but the rest looks very good.I have it soaking in kerosene at the moment.

Hope the tank cleans up that easy.Going to take it off and throw a couple cups of gravel in it and strap it fast to the rear wheel on my old Sears and give it a good spin cycle.lol

It should run once the carb and tank are cleaned.Will post more when I get more done to it.

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,647 Thanks
  • 6,460 posts

Posted May 10, 2016 - 07:13 AM

Think pretty high for that rig. I'm thinking $150 tractor in my area and to draw MY interest at least. It's not a valuable or rare model in any way and the smallest of that design far as I know. Lawnmower is about it.

Edited by glgrumpy, May 10, 2016 - 07:13 AM.

#4 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,293 Thanks
  • 2,329 posts

Posted May 10, 2016 - 08:29 PM

Edit 2

Carb cleaned up really nice.Took head off and cleaned valves and carbon.Starter was stuck but now freed up and working very nicely.

Replaced Governor Spring,rubber float seat,bowl gasket and bowl nut washer.

It's got really good compression now.

Next on the list is getting hotter spark.It shocks ya but not enough to spark at the plug.Points may need cleaned or Condenser may need replaced.

Gas tank has some really nasty tar like stuff in the bottom but the sides are clean shinny metal.

Going to get the tire back on bead.I popped it off while towing it around the yard.Didn't check to see how much air was in them before I moved it.

They have a pretty stout little cast iron transaxle in them.Not your typical 3/4" axles.Not sure what size the axles are but they look to be 1" - 1 1/8" .They had a 36 Blower,32 deck,40" front plow? and several other attachments available for them.They offered 7 different attachments for the MF7 and 8 for the MF8.

Cool plow on Ebay that's supposed to be for a MF7/8

http://www.ebay.com/...3wAAOSwI3RW~V~2

But my old 1960s Snapper Comet 26 5hp RER had a little 30" plow on it to and it was a lawnmower lol

Edited by EricFromPa, May 10, 2016 - 09:05 PM.

• MH81 said thank you

#5 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,293 Thanks
  • 2,329 posts

Posted May 16, 2016 - 12:25 PM

Edit 3

Got the rear tire on the bead it's holding air.Sadly the other rear is to far gone to hold air.I Put another set of front rims/tires on that hold air.Original rims are good tires are shot.

Waiting on a condenser to show up in the mail.It had spark but very weak.Points are good and coil checks out good.

Deck is really nice and solid.No rust or holes or cracks.

I'm not making any $$$ on this one just helping out the neighbor.

Lowered asking price $250

#6 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,293 Thanks
  • 2,329 posts

Posted July 07, 2016 - 08:26 PM

Edit 4

It Runs It Runs

Had to put a coil in it.Luckily I found my old blown up Mini bike engine down at the farm. 3hp tecumseh points coil works good in a 7hp who would of known lol.

It runs OK but needs the carb gone through again.Gas tank has varnish in it And the governor spring is WAY to big.It's binding up the linkage.And it's leaking oil out of the Governor.Looks like the O ring is long gone.

Still asking $250

Headlights work.Fuse holder is broken for the headlights.

Includes 2 decent 20-8 x 8 tires and 1 good tube.It's hard to find the original 18-8 x 8 tire size any more.These 20s should be ok. 

Fresh Pics.

100_1684.JPG 100_1686.JPG 100_1687.JPG

100_1688.JPG 100_1689.JPG 100_1692.JPG

100_1685.JPG

• limebuzz and MH81 have said thanks

#7 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 2,293 Thanks
  • 2,329 posts

Posted July 09, 2016 - 09:08 AM

Massey is SOLD

Hated to see it go it's a neat little tractor but I couldn't afford to buy it.

Young fella and his dad came up from Maryland and left with it.It's going make a good father son project.

Thanks

• limebuzz and MH81 have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sold