• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Vtec OFFLINE  

Vtec
  • Member No: 82803
  • 3 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 08, 2016 - 01:52 PM

I recently have purchased a 2007 X320. After 3 hrs of use, I'm finding that it is unable to climb a relatively simple grade after 20 min of operation. When tuning sharply at slow speeds, the tractor struggles to make the turn. Top speed is poor also. Hardly more than a brisk walk.  I suspect the hydrostacic drive is either low on fluid or on the verge of giving up the ghost. Does any one have a service manual or any idea how to add fluid or suggestions for some kind of fix so that I can get this thing up and running again. Help !!!

• shannonwj18 said thank you

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,698 Thanks
  • 8,891 posts

Posted May 08, 2016 - 08:01 PM

You need to remove the whole transaxle from the tractor, remove the fan and pulley, then split the trans case to completely remove the oil. More importantly, cleaning the four magnets at the bottom corners of the unit.

5w-50 Sythetic oil to refill.

#3 Vtec OFFLINE  

Vtec
  • Member No: 82803
  • 3 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted May 09, 2016 - 06:55 PM

Thanks Cat 385B. I went 1 better. I went to the dealership where I bought it. And politely whined in the sales managers office for20 min. End result was a replacement X320 with 20 hrs more than mine. Down to a 48" deck, but got a 7 Ltr twin bagger and blower with it. They are going through the new unit with a fine tooth comb this time. Guess it pays to be a little whiney now and then. Be back on if I run into any trouble. Although after this debacle, I think they are going to make sure I don't have to come back again. Fingers crossed. Thanks again.

Gary