#1 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,626 Thanks
  • 2,579 posts

Posted May 06, 2016 - 10:34 PM

on the garden for this year. Took the Homelite with the 36" tiller and tilled everything under. Unfortunately we didn't get it tilled under last fall. Winter got to us first. It's 37' X 18'. We expanded it a little last year but no more this year. We normally plant our corn on the north end and tomatoes in the middle with potatoes and zucchini on the south end, with assorted veggies in the mid sections between north and south. This year we will do the opposite. Corn on south tomatoes on the north and change up the rest as we decide as we plant. I figured a little rotation would be good. Going to try to plant most by seeds other than potatoes and tomatoes. Cheaper and really want to see if our thumbs are green enough.

Took some pictures but still having problems uploading to the forum. I'll keep trying to see if I can get them on. We plan on tilling this up again before we plant. Going to get some well decomposed cow manure soon to get it tilled under. I really like how the Simplicity tiller works on the Homelite. Really fluffs up the ground and makes the garden look great. Thanks for reading,  more on this later. Hope you have a great weekend.                                                                                                                                                  Roger

• Alc, chris m, jd.rasentrac and 8 others have said thanks

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 11:38 AM

I actually have peanuts coming up

• hamman said thank you

#3 hamman ONLINE  

hamman

Homelite Owner Extraordinaire

• Contributor
  • Member No: 1733
  • 5,626 Thanks
  • 2,579 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 12:22 PM

I always wondered about growing peanuts. I guess they have to be grown in a hot dry climate??? Good luck.                                                           Roger

#4 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 12:55 PM

First time I've ever tried them. We'll see

• hamman said thank you