• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aftonrobert OFFLINE  

aftonrobert
  • Member No: 76367
  • 10 Thanks
  • 16 posts

Posted May 06, 2016 - 05:14 PM

Hi,i picked up a 1971 New Holland S14 only model with tilt steering.It was DOA when I got it.I lapped and set the valves,cleaned the carb,and pretty much rewired it.The motor Kohler k321 runs like a top now.The only thing was someone had removed the entire hydro lift assembly from the the valve,lines,cylinder.Its all gone.I would like to replace it.I was told the ariens lift cylinder will not work because its not tapered or something?Was I told a lie?I want to be absolutely sure that later Ariens lifts and parts for the lift will work on it.If anyone has a near complete or complete lift assembly I would be interested in it.thanks

#2 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 6172
  • 3,561 Thanks
  • 3,941 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 04:57 AM

Off the top of my head, I think a lift off an Ariens with the Vickers would fit right in. The ones with the Sunstrand have the lift cylinder farther off the frame rail. Where the NH has bolsters and gussets on the outside of the frame, the later Ariens have it on the inside.
I think it might be just the attachment point on the rock shaft that would need to be moved.

Edited by shorty, May 07, 2016 - 05:00 AM.

#3 1964Deere OFFLINE  

1964Deere

• Member No: 1547
  • 248 Thanks
  • 289 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 06:02 AM

I took mine to a cylinder guy and he fixed it right up. Find the right guy and it will be as good as new. Cost me around $40
To rebuild

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk