A few updates on this end. The Tru-Powers weighed in 35 lbs. heavier than the Ancla's both being filled with Rimguard so that helps offset the weight reduction of 45+ lbs of going with OEM Bolens 12" weight. Net loss approximately 20 lbs over all. Those 100 lb combine weights are a bear to get on and off, and you couldn't access the valve stem . If you reverse the wheels so the valve stem is accessible you lose the lip the wheel weights sets in making the installation of the big boys even more difficult. This was the biggest factor of the switch.
I didn't like the temp. gauge's excess capillary tube so I found a SW that I think looks better, I've matched the amp gauge to it.
The front wheel weights originally had a kit with barrel nuts or rod couplings and a corresponding bolt to attach them, they to could be difficult to line up, I used a spare wheel and hub to mock up for measurements, not having mounting kits for them I ordered some SS 1/2"-20 hardware from McMaster-Carr, studs sticking out will allow just sliding the weight on much easier and saves the fresh paint on the wheels from getting dinged up. I chose acorn nuts to fasten giving it a cleaner look.
Blasting the wheel weights and the seat skeleton for paint, the way Stew is advancing and conquering on the seat I better get rolling. Just some pics,
My daughter made me a Lego tractor for motivation and we looked out the back deck and saw some turkeys.
Edited by WrenchinOnIt, March 19, 2017 - 07:29 PM.