wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 01:25 AM

Here is my newly revised plan, keep the Case 444 and sell off the Case 222 and the Gilson (with tiller). If anyone is interested in them here are the specs:

1978 Case 222: Good running 12 hp Kohler K301, 44 inch mower deck, no extras. Sheet metal is straight as well. The only things the 222 are going to need is new motor mounts (which I can include for extra), either the balance gears removed or love-joy coupling serviced (not sure which is making the noise), and probably a new gas line as I believe the current has a leak. It does start, run, and mow very well, but I do not have time for it. Asking $500 (what I paid for it).

1974 Gilson 16 HP: Gear tractor with variable speed pulley system. It has a 16 HP cast iron single cylinder B&S that I have put a lot of work into. It does run but can be troublesome to start sometimes. It has a manual lift tiller mounted on it that goes with it, tills very well. I have put a lot of time and money into it including: new starter, new starter cables, new battery cables, new spark plug, new air filter, new oil in both engine and transaxle 2 years ago (checked level in tiller). It is in very good condition, and I have extra parts for it that I can include for extra. Asking $500, feel it is worth at least that to someone as it is ready to work.

If interested just PM me and I can send you pictures of whichever tractor you are interested in. And I know I should have put this in the Classifieds but I have never gotten a hit on anything I listed in there. Thanks.

#2 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted May 09, 2011 - 04:00 AM

Two add on comments.
1) Neither tractor has a designated battery (I switch them between a couple things) therefore no batteries will be included with them.
2) I just remembered that the Gilson does have a 42 inch rear discharge mower deck that is in great condition that I will include with the tractor since I would have no use for it.