• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • Member No: 76279
  • 784 Thanks
  • 516 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 01:56 PM

And here all these years I was thinking when you stop buying tractors, it's because you started plowing with them at plow days.

Love the carvings!  Wish I could do stuff like that.  Tried it on my own leg a few years ago.  Needless to say it didn't end so well.

Title said took a break not stop. 

I knock on wood have only so far put a little nick in my jeans. 

• oldedeeres said thank you

#17 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 784 Thanks
  • 516 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 02:05 PM

Can't say much on the boat, never had one or been a boater other than water skiing with my friend way back when I could.

I would love to learn how to sculpt with a chainsaw. We had a guy from Maine come to our local fair for 2 years, he was amazing and did great work.

This will be my second boat they are really not as bad as people say if you stick with just the basics,  its like a garden tractor more bells and whistles the more complicated it gets.

I was thinking about teaching classes some day but I am not big of safety 

Here is an eagle I did 

040612105033.jpg

10-29-2013 (7).JPG

Maybe I'll start a new post to share some wood carvings since you all seem to like it 

• MH81, KennyP, jpackard56 and 4 others have said thanks

#18 HANKG ONLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,911 Thanks
  • 2,796 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 03:22 PM

Owning a BOAT is fun, I had a 24' saltwater boat for 16yrs I guess you will be using it in fresh water ? always remember safety first

#19 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,314 Thanks
  • 1,110 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 03:39 PM

Wow!!!! Excellent work, those look amazing!  Thank you for sharing the other photos as well. Looks like somebody has been very busy lol.

That looks like a nice little rig. Perfect size, perfect size motor, easy to use, and looks light. I too had a boat once, and if I buy another,  it will be like what you have. 

Wrenches were made 4 tractors,  fishing boats were made for fishing, and relaxation.  Enjoy your new rig, and by golly post the fish pictures when u get some!! Cheers.

• KennyP, jpackard56 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#20 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 784 Thanks
  • 516 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 04:25 PM

Wow!!!! Excellent work, those look amazing!  Thank you for sharing the other photos as well. Looks like somebody has been very busy lol.

That looks like a nice little rig. Perfect size, perfect size motor, easy to use, and looks light. I too had a boat once, and if I buy another,  it will be like what you have. 

Wrenches were made 4 tractors,  fishing boats were made for fishing, and relaxation.  Enjoy your new rig, and by golly post the fish pictures when u get some!! Cheers.

081113075052.jpg

081113101439.jpg

John's Picky.jpg

Here are a few I got from my kayaks .....keeping the kayaks ...noting beats kayak fishing.

Just can't troll deep for salmon to good in kayaks.

• Cvans, jpackard56 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#21 Mtypython OFFLINE  

Mtypython
  • Member No: 80530
  • 259 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 04:38 PM

Nice boat and carvings, those fish aint bad either,i try to get out fishin at least 3 weekends a month if the weather cooperates, enjoy it

#22 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,243 Thanks
  • 5,082 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 04:39 PM

Looks good. Outboards and small boats seem much easier to manage. Two of my friends have bass boats and they spend minimal money on them. Maintenance oil filters ect and that's about it.

#23 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,440 Thanks
  • 1,897 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 05:13 PM

my 1st boat would up a money pit that I wound up cutting up w/a  Sawzall and burning (fiberglass) sold the trailer and the outboard that was on it... my 2nd boat though was one of the few things that I ever owned that I was able to sell (pretty easily too I might add) for nearly double what I had "into" it and that was after a few years of fun...... I have no space to store one when I am not actually using it so I have to wait to get another.... and I will do so.  About every couple of years I get the itch to go boat shopping, the last couple of times I have come up empty...

I have 2 popup campers (3 if you count the "parts" one)  2 project Plymouths, plus all my yard and garden stuff.... and a house than needs a top to bottom revamp

#24 stiemmy OFFLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,314 Thanks
  • 1,110 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 05:55 PM

attachicon.gif081113075052.jpg

attachicon.gif081113101439.jpg

attachicon.gifJohn's Picky.jpg

Here are a few I got from my kayaks .....keeping the kayaks ...noting beats kayak fishing.

Just can't troll deep for salmon to good in kayaks.

Thank you for the fish pictures! Nothin better than smiling like a little kid that first drove a car after you caught them, and eatin em. Yummmmm, fresh fish is the best PERIOD!!!!!!!!!

Edited by stiemmy, May 04, 2016 - 05:57 PM.

• oldedeeres said thank you

#25 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,735 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 05:56 PM

Nice boat! But the carvings are better! Feel free to share pics of those!

• jpackard56 said thank you

#26 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 4,522 Thanks
  • 5,033 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 10:03 PM

Congratulations on the boat. I'll bet you and the boys will have a lot of fun with it.

For you folks who think boats are money pits, I purchased a 16' Crestliner new in 1999. I have spent very little for repairs and it has been used a lot. Has been kept under cover and still looks very nice today. I had to replace a bent prop and a set of 4 spark plugs. The prop was my fault. 

#27 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 784 Thanks
  • 516 posts

Posted May 06, 2016 - 06:59 AM

Only thing I would do different is get an aluminum hull instead of the fiber. However I got this boat for 900.00 so the FG hull was not a deal breaker. 

• MH81 said thank you

#28 John Arsenault ONLINE  

John Arsenault
  • 784 Thanks
  • 516 posts

Posted May 06, 2016 - 07:03 AM

Congratulations on the boat. I'll bet you and the boys will have a lot of fun with it.

For you folks who think boats are money pits, I purchased a 16' Crestliner new in 1999. I have spent very little for repairs and it has been used a lot. Has been kept under cover and still looks very nice today. I had to replace a bent prop and a set of 4 spark plugs. The prop was my fault. 

I had a 17' aluminum hull waco in florida with a 48hp evin. on it ....never put a dime into it repair wise. It had no bells and whistles ...just and engine , steering wheel and a key.....not even a  gauge. 

• MH81 said thank you