• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#16 devans OFFLINE  

devans
  • Member No: 68585
  • 367 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 07:51 PM

Why will I be wearing a shirt from MTF or why am I sorry?

MTF tee shirt is the only one I have at the moment.

Why sorry, some forums feel it's bad form to mention other forums except for certain circumstances. I didn't figure this was one of those circumstances. 

• herminiaaq60 said thank you

#17 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,681 Thanks
  • 8,882 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 08:00 PM

Me thinks we should give out t-shirts for loader rebuilds......

#18 devans OFFLINE  

devans
  • 367 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 08:28 PM

Lol's!

#19 tiretrx OFFLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 908 Thanks
  • 659 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 07:39 AM

Me thinks we should give out t-shirts for loader rebuilds......

Only if they're unpainted. Better luck next time, Don.

#20 devans OFFLINE  

devans
  • 367 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 09:36 AM

That fine print will get you every time..........

#21 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 5,715 Thanks
  • 4,274 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 07:15 PM

I'd be glad to give a T shirt if you built me a loader. I wouldn't care if its painted or not.   :D

#22 devans OFFLINE  

devans
  • 367 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted May 04, 2016 - 07:52 PM

I'd be glad to give a T shirt if you built me a loader. I wouldn't care if its painted or not.   :D

Lol's! I'm not sure that's what some people mean when they call me cheap.  :bigrofl:

• DougT said thank you

#23 Titus ONLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 12:11 PM

Let us know how the foot traffic is. I was pouring here in RI and it's just nasty out. I haven't had a good stretch of weather for Zagray in a year...

• boyscout862 said thank you

#24 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,437 Thanks
  • 1,895 posts

Posted May 09, 2016 - 05:52 AM

Well Sundays out (mothers day) that's kinda silly to have it on mothers day weekend.

all the more reason TO have it this weekend... way too far  away for me though

#25 tiretrx OFFLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 908 Thanks
  • 659 posts

Posted May 09, 2016 - 07:50 AM

My wife and I got there a bit after 9am Saturday. Devans(Don) was already there. The rain was still steady at that point, and there was one good downpour early on. Subsequently, the place was a bit of a muddy mess, vendor turnout was ok, and I'd say attendance was kind of light. I felt bad for the vendors more than anything. Already rusty stuff out in the rain is one thing, but for stuff like wood, paper and real nice stuff.....it made for a long day.

Like a total bonehead I forgot my phone/camera. My wife had hers but it's worthless as a camera. So unfortunately no photos of some of the really cool stuff that was there. And there was lots. Even wet down, this is a really good show and if you never been, it's well worth the trip.

Later in the morning, the rain abated and it made digging around a little easily and a lot more pleasant. I managed to score some pretty nice pieces. A Mall 2 man chainsaw, a cast iron USPS letter box, bunch of fishing reels, mostly conventional Penns, some Kohler engine shrouds(I make clocks out of them), old foot pedal grinding wheel, big snatch block, some bigger mechanics wrenches(older Craftsman/Bonney), full set of Harley tins, and a some other doodads.

Somewhere along the line, we transferred a Gravely roller I was delivering to Don. I'm still walking a bit gingerly from that one. Gotta watch that guy, he's a real wheeler dealer I tell ya. He comes back to the truck with a minty pair of front tires AND rims for his 408 Gravely. Says he paid a buck for them. Stunned, I'm like "a piece?" Donnie says with a big grin, "for the pair". Like I said, gotta watch him, he's a fairly dangerous man.

Overall, great time, cool stuff and met some real nice folks. I'll try and post a few pics of my picks later on.

• KennyP, Cat385B and boyscout862 have said thanks

#26 devans OFFLINE  

devans
  • 367 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted May 09, 2016 - 11:06 AM

I did say earlier I was cheap.  :D The guy originally want $2 for the pair and I was good with that but while I was looking them over he said how about a buck.

So now I have a nice set of front and rear Carlisle turf savers for a whopping $21. I scored the rear tires at a flea market a week or so ago, with rims.

Ellis, I got the drum off the frame and the bearings off the drum yesterday. Some wd 40, heat, a hammer and a three jaw puller got the job done.

Funny thing is I think the bearings may be salvageable. I'm going to clean them up and mic them to see if they're still good. There was a lot of dirt, rust and crud that locked them up.

It was great seeing you again and meeting your wife.

Oh! Did you see the low rider AC cruising the grounds. I saw it on my way out and couldn't get a picture. The rain pretty much kept me from getting any pictures. 

I didn't make it back there on Sunday, I spent the day trying to make it a special mothers day for my wife.

• tiretrx and boyscout862 have said thanks

#27 tiretrx OFFLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • 908 Thanks
  • 659 posts

Posted May 09, 2016 - 12:15 PM

Nope, didn't see the lowered AC. I loved that restored Model A doodlebug. And that B Mack flatbed. Love to make that into a wrecker. It was equally nice to see you again, and meet the Mrs.

Glad to hear things look promising with the roller. I think when you get her back, it will serve you well for a long time.

As promised I got a couple pics of the things I just couldn't live without.

Some older fishing reels. Mostly conventional Penns. Four no. 49 Deep Seas up top. A white Mitchell to the left. There's also a real nice Abu Garcia 7000 next to the Mitchell.

20160509_113115_zpswl6pkumu.jpg

Here's the Mall no.6. Bit rough, but freed up, with tons of compression. Should clean up well.

20160509_113900_zpshx2fd28r.jpg

20160509_113921_zpskdhr3yby.jpg

20160509_113928_zps7hr8fpue.jpg

20160509_113934_zps4yne6wch.jpg

Nice old, cast iron, letter drop box. She's heavy, and made in Bridgeport, Conn. Really like seeing old castings made in the U.S. of A.

20160509_113520_zpsaa0cgxy4.jpg

20160509_113539_zpsq5yt7lll.jpg

#28 devans OFFLINE  

devans
  • 367 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted May 09, 2016 - 08:36 PM

Man that chainsaws a beast! Pretty cool you got the mailbox. 

#29 Titus ONLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted May 11, 2016 - 07:21 AM

I love the mailbox! 

• tiretrx said thank you