7 replies to this topic

#1 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8266
  • 2,157 Thanks
  • 1,448 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 07:56 PM

Yesterday I brought home a bigger tractor that has a FEL on it. I'm just borrowing this from a friend for a week or two so I can complete a few projects. Mainly we need to loader to lift some heavy stuff that we have no other way of lifting at this time. These items include a couple truck beds and an engine/transmission.

DSC05099.JPG

Today was a nice day so I used to tractor to finish a smaller project. My mom wanted to be able to drive her lawn tractor from the front half of our property to the back half of the property. For most people this would be easy but we have a creek running through the middle of our property.

We already have a bridge to cross the creek but then there is about a 6ft hillside that wouldn't be easy for a LT to climb.DSC05104.JPG

Here is the hillside, it's steep and uneven.

DSC05105.JPG DSC05106.JPG

So I used the tractor to start clearing a path along the creek until I got to an area where the hill wasn't as bad.

DSC05107.JPG DSC05108.JPG

Next some brush/small trees had to be cleared and the hillside dug down some to make a smooth ramp. After the ramp was dug out I covered with old railroad ballast. This was so the tractors would be able to safely go up and down anytime of the year.

DSC05109.JPG DSC05110.JPG

Here is the last section of the path that needed to be done. The ground here was mostly flat with the exception of two smaller ridges of dirt. The bucket made quick work of those and the path is smooth enough for a LT now.

DSC05111.JPG DSC05112.JPG

The path is complete yet, it still needs some small brush cleared but the hard part is down. It was a fun little project but also kind of pointless as we will be moving by the end of summer.

• Alc, hamman, wvbuzzmaster and 5 others have said thanks

#2 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8592
  • 2,516 Thanks
  • 733 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 08:09 PM

Nice job , as Tim " The Toolman" Taylor would say "grr (grunt) grr (grunt) grr (grunt) more power".
Sometimes you just have to have it. Of course now you'll want one that size :)
  • farmerall, boyscout862 and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#3 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 08:11 PM

Nice work :thumbs: Even though you plan on moving you can feel good about leaving the place better than it started.

• farmerall and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#4 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • 2,157 Thanks
  • 1,448 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 08:21 PM

Nice job , as Tim " The Toolman" Taylor would say "grr (grunt) grr (grunt) grr (grunt) more power".
Sometimes you just have to have it. Of course now you'll want one that size :)

I've wanted one in this size range for awhile now. They are nice to have if you need to move something heavy or lots of dirt/stone.

Nice work :thumbs: Even though you plan on moving you can feel good about leaving the place better than it started.

I agree with you there but the state is buying our house/property for a road project. Where our house is now the state plan on putting a water retention pond in it's place. That's why I called it kind of pointless.

• holdenboy1960 said thank you

#5 jpackard56 OFFLINE  

jpackard56

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7225
  • 1,768 Thanks
  • 1,407 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 08:34 PM

I've wanted one in this size range for awhile now. They are nice to have if you need to move something heavy or lots of dirt/stone.

I agree with you there but the state is buying our house/property for a road project. Where our house is now the state plan on putting a water retention pond in it's place. That's why I called it kind of pointless.

Well ain't that a kick in the backside. So O.K. nobody is gonna know how you improved the place...trying to stay positive at least you got to practice with a good looking FEL :thumbs:

• farmerall said thank you

#6 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,332 Thanks
  • 28,642 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 08:38 PM

Well, the experience and seat time are worth something at least.
Nice job, btw.

#7 holdenboy1960 OFFLINE  

holdenboy1960
  • Member No: 62113
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 819 posts

Posted May 02, 2016 - 07:48 AM

look out neighbors you all going to get terrorised by a Fel & a keen man , btw job well done m8  

#8 farmerall ONLINE  

farmerall
  • Contributor
  • 2,157 Thanks
  • 1,448 posts

Posted May 02, 2016 - 04:42 PM

look out neighbors you all going to get terrorised by a Fel & a keen man , btw job well done m8  

What are neighbors? lol The state bought their houses 5-6 years ago and tore them all down 3-4 years ago.

• holdenboy1960 said thank you