DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 06:58 PM

I just got in from cutting some grass with it, works OK.

I took the mid mount rear discharge mower deck off of the EGT200, put it on the GE12M to try it out, some problems showed up but there fixable and that's what I'm working on.

I have a spare side discharge deck for the 12M, it's an Orange New Idea deck but the same as what would of come on the 12M. 

This deck needs lots of work, everything seized, I have some spare mid mount motors and I'm hoping I can get it up and running soon.

The batteries that came with the 12M are good for about 1-1/2 hrs run time when cutting grass. New batteries would run 3hrs.

The fuel meter always reads low and the power use meter is always pegged max, the main disconnect switch is not so good, the charger is not working or the lights, and I'm trying to get new seat cushions for it but need to drill out 3 busted bolts from the metal pans that form the cushions.

The good news is that the motor and drive controls seem to be all working good.

So I'm pecking away at it as time allows, the new job I got is good, good people to work for.

• Mr Electrak, wvbuzzmaster, IamSherwood and 3 others have said thanks

#18 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted May 22, 2016 - 07:09 PM

Good to hear you like the new job. :thumbs:

• DH1 said thank you

#19 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 05:25 PM

Today  was cutting grass again maybe 3hrs total with a 1 hr recharge/lunch break.

I replaced the fuel meter with another one I had and it reads lower than the one that was in it. ???

The power use meter gets it's reading from the voltage loss on a piece of 20" wire from the main power disconnect, all the tractors power goes through this wire. Since my meter is always pegged when using the tractor I removed the wire, cut the 2 lug ends off, tried to cut off as little as possible, replaced them with new ones and reinstalled the wire. Now the power use meter is reading where it should, in the green, when going up hill while cutting grass it reads high green or just into the yellow zone. Starting the mower deck it goes into the red momentarily till it gets up to speed then drops into the low green zone. Works much better now. 

Also I removed and disassembled the main disconnect switch, cleaned all the contacts, installed the missing main fuse link, safety fuse in case of a major short, and reinstalled it back in the tractor. 

Found a intermittent bad connection on the fuse block, fixed that.

Replaced 1 front tire tube that wasn't holding air, the tires a cracked up pretty bad.

And I got a key switch with extra keys coming.

Tractor is slowly getting better and better, I like it.

• Mr Electrak, KennyP, sacsr and 1 other said thanks

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,435 Thanks
  • 39,677 posts

Posted May 23, 2016 - 05:46 PM

Glad you are figuring it out!

• DH1 said thank you

#21 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 04, 2016 - 07:06 PM

UPDATE 

Being using this tractor every now and then mainly to cut grass and haul a small trailer around.

I have had 2 different cutting decks on it, side discharge and rear discharge, both do the job, not sure which one I like better, they say side discharge is better for long heavy grass but I find the shoot plugs up quickly.

One thing I notice with this tractor is the power at the blades is not as strong as my other E15 tractor, just doesn't seem to cut the long heavy stuff as fast, the blades slow down more and sometimes the circuit breaker for one of the mower motors trips.

It has more now than when I first started cutting, I think there must be a bad connection in the PTO circuit or the PTO contactor itself not so good, something else to fix.

Anyway for now it's working and I'm enjoying using it. :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:  :dancingbanana:

• KennyP, sacsr, CRFarnsworth and 1 other said thanks

#22 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted September 05, 2016 - 03:00 PM

Took the shoot off the side discharge deck today and it doesn't plug up at all now, cuts better, faster, but could throw a rock at someone.

Maybe a rubber flap might do the job. ???

• KennyP, sacsr and CRFarnsworth have said thanks