• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 woody367 OFFLINE  

woody367
  • Member No: 82646
  • 3 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted April 30, 2016 - 02:12 PM

Hello, I am new to this forum and have a question. I have both a Bolens 1220 and Farmall cub with the IH 1000 loader, I am in search of a snow bucket for the loader. If anyone has a lead on one please let me know

The next project will be restoring the Bolens 1220 which I am sure I will have lots of questions to ask on this site.

Thank you

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted April 30, 2016 - 02:22 PM

:welcometogttalk: :camera:

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 30, 2016 - 02:27 PM

Welcome to the forum. Those IH 1000 loaders are tough to find. One of these days I will get mine mounted to my Farmall 140. Of course that project just got bumped down the list in favor of a project purchase that included two IH TD-6 crawlers... With the engines uh... Seperate lol.

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 9,767 Thanks
  • 7,534 posts

Posted April 30, 2016 - 02:56 PM

Welcome to GTT. Look in the Manuals Section for info that you may need. Good Luck, Rick

#5 woody367 OFFLINE  

woody367
  • 3 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted April 30, 2016 - 06:38 PM

Thank you for the welcome. I have owned the loader for over 25 years and us it all the time. It is perfect for most of the things I do but a little small for the snow. So I am on the hunt for one. I also have a set of Sunflower reel mowers for the Cub. I have been looking for tire for it so I can restore that. That seems to be an impossible search.

I have all the manual for all my equipment except for the reel mowers.

• Alc said thank you

#6 woody367 OFFLINE  

woody367
  • 3 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted April 30, 2016 - 11:15 PM

Welcome to the forum. Those IH 1000 loaders are tough to find. One of these days I will get mine mounted to my Farmall 140. Of course that project just got bumped down the list in favor of a project purchase that included two IH TD-6 crawlers... With the engines uh... Seperate lol.

Can you post some photos of the IH TD-6 crawler? I always thought they were cool.

• wvbuzzmaster said thank you

#7 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,492 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted April 30, 2016 - 11:44 PM

Can you post some photos of the IH TD-6 crawler? I always thought they were cool.

Neither are home yet, nor together. Only reason we bought them was the price, condition, cool factor, and the fact that one of them has the same Bucyrus Erie dozer equipment as the TD-9 we bought recently, also not home yet due to it being too heavy for us to haul ourselves at around 15,000 pounds. The pair of TD-6 dozers are currently apart so each "piece" can be hauled home in under 6000 pound loads lol. We already brought home the diesel engine off the first, the second engine is gasoline. Previous owner bought a replacement gas engine off a Farmall M to convert the better TD-6 to gas since it had been converted that way prior and that engine blew up 20 years ago. He took the diesel out of the second more worn TD-6 because he couldnt get it to run and was going to convert it to gas before getting the better one a month or two later... If that makes any sense. Dad and I believe the diesel engine is good and all the issues were fuel system, so we will use the diesel in the better TD-6 since it still has it's TD-6 serial tag, good tracks, and the Bucyrus Erie equipment. The other is worn pretty bad and its dozer equipment will be removed and the gas engine will go in it to get it operational. No harm since it has no serial tag anymore, and less value being worn bad enough that the track adjusters are overhanging off the side frames at least an inch or so (we may try to shorten the tracks by one link on that tractor). Ok, I will quit talking lol.

Edited by wvbuzzmaster, April 30, 2016 - 11:46 PM.

#8 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 11,705 Thanks
  • 8,895 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 12:24 AM

Can you post more info on the Sunflower reel mower tires? It's amazing what we can find when we put our heads together.

#9 woody367 OFFLINE  

woody367
  • 3 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 06:02 AM

Can you post more info on the Sunflower reel mower tires? It's amazing what we can find when we put our heads together.

Give me a few days and I will post photos of the tires. Should I post them in this thread or start a new one?

Edited by woody367, May 01, 2016 - 08:23 AM.