Seat covers?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,047 Thanks
  • 4,977 posts

Posted April 29, 2016 - 05:37 PM

Anyone have any experience with seat covers for trucks? Looking for a decent set for around 200. Looking for water proof and something easy to clean up. And fit decently not like a freaking bag. I've found a couple different sets but wonder if anyone has a brand to recommend.

Last night I worked midnight and I was coated in dirt. The bath house was a mile from where I was at. I had to cover my seat with rags and try to very carefully get in my truck without moving them. I want something I can jump in and when I get out I can just wipe them off and be mostly clean. Kind of like the old vinyl seats you can't seem to get in a truck anymore.

I managed to keep my seats pretty clean and I just used the carpet scrubber to wash them last weekend. I'd like to not ruin them completely.

#2 Tecumseh power ONLINE  

Tecumseh power

Jack of all trades, master of none.

• Member No: 77571
  • 862 Thanks
  • 719 posts

Posted April 29, 2016 - 05:59 PM

I haven't bought any ,but I do auto detailing and the ones the guys get from camel's seem to fit very nice and hold up well
  • Alc, Bruce Dorsi, boyscout862 and 1 other said thanks

#3 29 Chev OFFLINE  

29 Chev
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 2,709 Thanks
  • 1,064 posts

Posted April 29, 2016 - 06:11 PM

You could get a vinyl seat protector similar to what techs use when they are working on vehicles at dealerships - https://thematking.c...rs-n-throws.htm .  They also make plastic sheets that are designed to hook over the head rests and be used once and thrown away - you could check with some of the dealerships and see if you could buy a few to try - carry one or two in your vehicle so that when you get dirty you can just pop one over the seat - just a couple of suggestions that might be less expensive options. 

• boyscout862 and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

• Member No: 8923
  • 9,485 Thanks
  • 7,357 posts

Posted April 29, 2016 - 07:35 PM

You could go the otherway and get a bunch of the disposable coveralls. Wear them when you are getting dirty and chuck them before you get to the truck. The other way would be to put clean coveralls on before getting into the truck. They would be dirty inside with you but the truck would be protected. I've been picking up disposable coveralls at swap meets for about a dollar each. You could also try JC Whitney for seat covers. I have one in my C 30 that was used over 20 years. Good Luck, Rick
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you

#5 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,047 Thanks
  • 4,977 posts

Posted April 29, 2016 - 07:52 PM

I like the idea of just keeping a pair of coveralls in the truck. I can just slip them on when getting in the truck.

I might just give that a try!
  • boyscout862 said thank you

#6 Jazz OFFLINE  

• Member No: 62028
  • 1,348 Thanks
  • 885 posts

Posted April 30, 2016 - 11:09 AM

They used to make mesh seat pads something like  the one in the link. My father used one for years,,not sure if they still make them. They were quite popular way back. 

• toomanytoys84 said thank you