• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • Member No: 10128
  • 184 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted April 29, 2016 - 02:53 PM

For those that have the stock 3 belt drive setup on a T70 (or other, not sure if they are the same)... What are your thoughts on the OE speeds? Too fast, too slow, just right? 

#2 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • 184 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted May 02, 2016 - 07:00 AM

Looks like no one mows with this thing eh? LOL.

Here's what my gears will look like vs. OE. 

Attached Thumbnails

• gearing.jpg

#3 Clint OFFLINE  

Clint

• Member No: 8265
  • 412 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted May 02, 2016 - 08:50 PM

They seem to run and cut fine as designed. Just like any other mower though if you let it get too high it bogs down and clogs up. If you keep up with it, first or second gear are fine for mowing. If you're going to mow the back 40 that stands taller than you sitting you'll have a tough go at it. Don't ask it to be a brush hog and it'll do just fine for standard lawn care. I mow my girlfriends yard with one.

• BowDown said thank you

#4 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • 184 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted May 02, 2016 - 08:52 PM

They seem to run and cut fine as designed. Just like any other mower though if you let it get too high it bogs down and clogs up. If you keep up with it, first or second gear are fine for mowing. If you're going to mow the back 40 that stands taller than you sitting you'll have a tough go at it. Don't ask it to be a brush hog and it'll do just fine for standard lawn care. I mow my girlfriends yard with one.

So you use 1st or 2nd for mowing? I'll have more than enough power on tap but don't want the speed to be vastly off.

#5 Clint OFFLINE  

Clint

• Member No: 8265
  • 412 Thanks
  • 294 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 01:06 AM

I use first gear. There are a lot of obstacles in her yard and not much of a straight shot. If it was bigger and I mowed twice a week, I could probably get away with second, but as it stands, I use first and it does just fine.

• BowDown said thank you

#6 toppop52 ONLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,460 Thanks
  • 3,364 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 09:04 AM

I use to mow in 2nd with mine, but bear in mind, speeds would vary between tractors, because those Chrysler 8 3/4" rear ends they used were often salvage yard units and could have anywhere from 2.56 to 3.90 gear ratios.

#7 BowDown ONLINE  

BowDown
  • 184 Thanks
  • 412 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 09:05 AM

Well I guess I'll run with the specs listed above and adjust from there if needed. Lol. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk