#1 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 29484
  • 4,887 Thanks
  • 2,793 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 07:47 PM

The unusual Bready tractor group is amazing to me, established 1919 in Solon Ohio building walk behinds then later four wheel tractors powered by Briggs, Tecumseh and Wisconsin in variety of horsepower's. After purchasing a Bready "600" I started to do some research on them, what I found was they made tractors for Homelite Yeah,  Gilson yeah,IMG_1394.JPG  IMG_1395.JPG IMG_1399.JPG IMG_1402.JPG IMG_1400.JPG IMG_1398.JPG  Reo who? and Engray? what who knew, they are without doubt a rugged machine its no wonder the other big company's didn't mind badging their respective names on them.  All used the Crosley car T92 transmission I hijacked some photo's from another site I belong to  for those who may not have seen any before. The pics may not be the best .

• rustyoldjunk, MH81, Alc and 7 others have said thanks

#2 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,167 Thanks
  • 5,759 posts

Posted April 29, 2016 - 08:35 AM

I want that green Bready!

• HANKG said thank you

#3 MH81 OFFLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,289 Thanks
  • 28,622 posts

Posted April 29, 2016 - 01:22 PM

Thanks for the lesson.
I've seen a couple of those on here somewhere, I think
  • HANKG said thank you

#4 Mtypython ONLINE  

Mtypython
  • Member No: 80530
  • 259 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 05:59 PM

Didnt know about the last 2 names, hows your comming along, mines still sitting in the barn

#5 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,887 Thanks
  • 2,793 posts

Posted May 02, 2016 - 09:20 PM

Didnt know about the last 2 names, hows your comming along, mines still sitting in the barn

Hi Mark, the Bready  project is just starting to get going, the original Briggs143302 6hp engine turned out to be junk it smoked . It also came with a Briggs 190402 8hp which was already on the tractor, after replacing the coil condenser it fired up and does not smoke. I want to keep it as original as possible and found another Briggs 6hp that is a cast iron block instead of the Alu. 143302 and this engine had been set to run on propane so it was very clean inside then switched over the parts from the original engine flo jet carb and air vane governor set up  this engine runs very well I took a shot on it for a 100.00 dollars and got lucky. Then I noticed the transmission was not spinning in neutral it was stuck so I pulled the cover off and there was no gear oil in it, but no water either so I bought a couple cans of PB blaster and shot it up real good on Saturday, and this morning I was able to get it spinning again and now shifts in all gears that stuff is amazing. So that's where that's at for now, I'm really getting busy with the Porter Cable restoration and hope to have it complete by the end of May. Thanks Hank

• Alc and Mtypython have said thanks

#6 Mtypython ONLINE  

Mtypython
  • Member No: 80530
  • 259 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 04:12 AM

Awesome hank, got my porter running had to clean carb, just going to leave it weathered as it is, need to get a set of front wheel bearings for it and a brake band for the mechanics.
  • HANKG said thank you

#7 Alc OFFLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,452 Thanks
  • 6,618 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 05:16 AM

Glad to hear it was a easy ( meaning cheap ) fix to get the trans free . :thumbs:  

• HANKG said thank you

#8 HANKG OFFLINE  

HANKG
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 4,887 Thanks
  • 2,793 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 06:31 AM

Glad to hear it was a easy ( meaning cheap ) fix to get the trans free . :thumbs:  

Yeah Al, I was sweating that one but had good info from member CLASSIC and any help I may need, the man knows his stuff.