• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bluenoser OFFLINE  

Bluenoser
  • Member No: 82245
  • 65 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 07:11 PM

Just wondering if anyone knows where a guy could find the mule drive setup to set up the mower deck on a MF10. Hoping to have the tractor going this weekend and getting my garden tilling done then I'll be looking to get the mower deck mounted. Just realized tonight I'm missing the mule drive to run it. Also would one from a mf12 be the same? I may know where to find one from a mf12, along with a few other things I'd like to grab from it, that a guy is parting out but not sure if they'd be the same.
Thanks

#2 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 07:20 PM

Hi

Have you spent any time looking around at agcopartsbook.com

There are several different mule drives, depending on the vintage

of your deck.

I have some extras. Take a look there, and see what you need.

Will

• limebuzz, MH81, Sawdust and 1 other said thanks

#3 propane1 ONLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,107 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 08:47 PM

Early ones a little different than later ones. Changed around 1970. Got some tilling done yesterday with my MF12.

Noel
  • limebuzz and Bluenoser have said thanks

#4 Bluenoser OFFLINE  

Bluenoser
  • 65 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted April 28, 2016 - 09:01 PM

I will check out the agcopartsbook.com tonight and see. My tractor's a 68 so I'm guessing it'd be one of the earlier styles. Thanks 

• propane1 said thank you

#5 Bluenoser OFFLINE  

Bluenoser
  • 65 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 12:35 PM

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong section but I'm only seeing the 1 type. 1 pulley at either end, a bolt holds it to the mower at top and a spring that holds it on the front. Are they all similar in design or are the other designs quite different. There's a local tractor scrap place that says they have a mf10 on hand but need a pic of what I need. Just not sure myself what style I need.

Edited by Bluenoser, May 01, 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#6 DH1 ONLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 4,587 Thanks
  • 5,295 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 01:31 PM

Can you post a picture of the right side of you tractor, in between the front and rear wheels just behind the engine.

#7 IamSherwood OFFLINE  

IamSherwood

Elf guardian

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2066
  • 8,379 Thanks
  • 7,696 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 03:32 PM

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong section but I'm only seeing the 1 type. 1 pulley at either end, a bolt holds it to the mower at top and a spring that holds it on the front. Are they all similar in design or are the other designs quite different. There's a local tractor scrap place that says they have a mf10 on hand but need a pic of what I need. Just not sure myself what style I need.

My apologize Bluenoser. I must have sped red your original post. I was thinking that

you needed the front mounting bracket for the deck. There was 2 different styles of

that.

You are correct, there is one style of drive that will work for you. A couple differences

over the years, but they shouldn't matter. But, I don't have one of those, but I'll keep an eye

open for one. Keep us posted.

• Bluenoser said thank you

#8 Bluenoser OFFLINE  

Bluenoser
  • 65 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 03:45 PM

Can you post a picture of the right side of you tractor, in between the front and rear wheels just behind the engine.

Will do when I get out to the shed later.

#9 Bluenoser OFFLINE  

Bluenoser
  • 65 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted May 01, 2016 - 03:46 PM

My apologize Bluenoser. I must have sped red your original post. I was thinking that
you needed the front mounting bracket for the deck. There was 2 different styles of
that.

You are correct, there is one style of drive that will work for you. A couple differences
over the years, but they shouldn't matter. But, I don't have one of those, but I'll keep an eye
open for one. Keep us posted.

Not a problem at all. Think I might have actually founds a couple places local to look for one so I might be in luck
  • limebuzz and IamSherwood have said thanks

#10 Bluenoser OFFLINE  

Bluenoser
  • 65 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted May 09, 2016 - 07:02 PM

Well the places I thought I might find one hasn't gotten back to me so I'm guessing they don't have any, not much luck locally so still on the hunt for one if anyone knows where someone might find one. 

#11 Bluenoser OFFLINE  

Bluenoser
  • 65 Thanks
  • 35 posts

Posted May 14, 2016 - 01:51 PM

Just picked up a box of random parts from a guy that included a mule drive. Looks to be all there though not completely assembled, will hopefully get it together when I get home and be mowing sometime soon.
  • limebuzz, IamSherwood, HowardsMF155 and 2 others have said thanks