I am building a narrow front end tractor just for fun. So far I have a John Deere 100 and I am fabing my own front end kit. The tractor did not have an engine (it should have a vertical shaft 8 hp Briggs), but I am putting a modern 6 HP. OHV engine in it.
Thinking of running a direct drive hydraulic pump from the motor to a hydraulic motor and a pulley that would spin the transmission drive belt constantly. I would use the existing clutch and it would drive the 4 speed when released.
I guess I need a reservoir in the system too.
Here is the pump I have from a left over log splitter project;
- New Hydraulic Log Splitter Pump 11 GPM @ 3600RPM.
- Inlet: 1”
- Outlet: ½”
- Dimensions: 5.5”L x 3”H x 4”W
- Minimum HP: 5,
- RPM Requirement: 3600
- For use with open center hydraulic systems only
- 1st Stage: 9 GPM@650 PSI
- 2nd Stage: 2 GPM@2500 PSI
- Maximum Pressure: 3000 PSI
- Rotation: Clockwise
Will this drove motor do what I want it too?
- Disp. 0.468 cu. in/rev
- Type Gerotor
650 PSI Cont.
- Motor Torque:
48.75 in-lbs. cont.
3000 RPM max.
6 GPM max.
- Rotation Reversible
- Mount USA 4F17
4 bolt (2" x 2") w/1-7/8" pilot
- Shaft 7/16" x 1-1/8" w/ keyway
- Ports 3/8" NPT rear
- Size 3-11/16" x 2-3/4" x 3-9/16"