17 replies to this topic

#16 Canawler OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1273
  • 1,880 Thanks
  • 1,744 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 04:31 PM

I was leaning towards the latex gloves like those at the hospital. When I had the problem with my finger a few years ago the Nurse and PT gave me a bunch of blue latex gloves. Those were a little heavier than the ones I was used to when I worked ambulance. Roger

Harbor Freight has latex gloves in 3 or 4 different thicknesses. The 7 mil ones are comparable to the heaviest I've run into in the medical field and hold up fairly well. They're probably the lightest I would use and they also carry a heavier 9 mil glove. With the 20% coupons, the price is pretty reasonable.
  • hamman and shawnif1 have said thanks

#17 James Bosma OFFLINE  

James Bosma
  • Member No: 76126
  • 415 Thanks
  • 211 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 05:15 PM

I still do it the old fashion way  no gloves, hands get greasy and grimmy the use the good cancer causeing stuff to clean up ( gas, wd-40' varsol etc.) Then finish washing up with a good petro based hand cleaner without the sand in it, then normal soap.

• hamman and holdenboy1960 have said thanks

#18 adamjd200 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 39654
  • 1,335 Thanks
  • 1,457 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 11:11 PM

Hate trying to work on anything with gloves on, use Fast Orange for cleanup with a good nail/hand brush(usually the red ones with black bristles from TSC), only time I like gloves is if working with metal and/or torches, and then they are basic leather.  May give some a try for packing bearings with grease.

• hamman said thank you