• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 4,521 Thanks
  • 2,829 posts

Posted April 25, 2016 - 09:16 PM

I don't want to sound hen pecked but sometimes just taking the little lady out & spending time together helps both of us. Raising kids, jobs,chores,home projects & etc.can be very overwhelming at times. My wife & I are both 61. We've been in our new place now almost a year. Although we've made a lot of progress we still have a lot to do. I love sitting on the porch relaxing but sometimes I can't do that because I see so much that needs done. Find that special time with your family even if it's just for breakfast or dinner can be refreshing.

Edited by Sawdust, April 25, 2016 - 09:17 PM.

• oldedeeres and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#17 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 12,736 Thanks
  • 7,695 posts

Posted April 25, 2016 - 10:48 PM

I hate coffee....maybe that's my problem.
Tonight I worked on the 128 for a little bit. Till my wife yelled at me that the kids were driving her nuts. Also put up a couple of my toys(not gt related) for sale. See what happens not real noticed to sell but I need to generate some cash for breaking ground on my new garage project.

Just being in the room with mine will perk you up!
  • WNYTractorTinkerer and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#18 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted April 26, 2016 - 06:48 AM

I think I am going to have to start sending my coffee out to members. Lol

I wished, I can't drink it anymore, tears my stomach up too bad. I've even tried decaf, same results.

• toomanytoys84 said thank you

#19 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,728 Thanks
  • 2,245 posts

Posted April 26, 2016 - 10:21 AM

I'm in that boat now. Not really caring anymore. Just no motivation. I hate it when I get this down on myself, but it comes and goes. It's always due to women.

• KennyP and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#20 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,395 Thanks
  • 39,658 posts

Posted April 26, 2016 - 04:37 PM

I'm in that boat now. Not really caring anymore. Just no motivation. I hate it when I get this down on myself, but it comes and goes. It's always due to women.

Sounds like a good place to place the blame!

#21 js5020 OFFLINE  

js5020

• Member No: 7086
  • 541 Thanks
  • 677 posts

Posted April 26, 2016 - 05:36 PM

Hmmm must be a communicable disease,,, I seem to have contracted it myself, don't feel like doing anything.  No drive whatso ever.

#22 WNYTractorTinkerer OFFLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 8,304 Thanks
  • 4,657 posts

Posted April 26, 2016 - 07:33 PM

I wished, I can't drink it anymore, tears my stomach up too bad. I've even tried decaf, same results.

My wife had issues too..  Now she uses cream & sugar..   She always drank it black..  Works for her..

#23 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,234 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted April 26, 2016 - 10:53 PM

Goo days like today are my reason for my burn out.

Up at 6am went to work. Got a call at 11 I needed to be 2 hours away dressed and ready to go underground by 4. I always keep my gear and extra clothes in my truck. Drove 2 hours. Slept at the camp till 330. Back up, underground at 4:15. Worked till 10, just got home a few minutes ago. Then I'll be back up at 6am for work again. This was planned on being a double, but the job went super smooth for some odd reason.

Thursday I'll work day shift 7 to 3 then drive 2 hours, nap for a bit, then out on midnight shift, which will be a 12 hour. Be home by 3 friday, then back up at 6 for day shift saturday.

These swings and long days are hurting.

Edited by toomanytoys84, April 26, 2016 - 10:54 PM.

• KennyP and oldedeeres have said thanks

#24 karl OFFLINE  

karl
  • Member No: 38218
  • 1,032 Thanks
  • 770 posts

Posted April 27, 2016 - 05:51 AM

I think I am going to have to start sending my coffee out to members. Lol

I find that while the mottivation is present the energy is not always. Heath makes me get up and do things. If I don't he will waller around on me till I am rubbed raw. Getting moving is a self defence mechanism.

Don't stop moving, they'll throw dirt on yea.

#25 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,252 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted April 27, 2016 - 06:45 AM

Goo days like today are my reason for my burn out.
Up at 6am went to work. Got a call at 11 I needed to be 2 hours away dressed and ready to go underground by 4. I always keep my gear and extra clothes in my truck. Drove 2 hours. Slept at the camp till 330. Back up, underground at 4:15. Worked till 10, just got home a few minutes ago. Then I'll be back up at 6am for work again. This was planned on being a double, but the job went super smooth for some odd reason.
Thursday I'll work day shift 7 to 3 then drive 2 hours, nap for a bit, then out on midnight shift, which will be a 12 hour. Be home by 3 friday, then back up at 6 for day shift saturday.
These swings and long days are hurting.

The swings are killers.
I'm sure I've missed out on a couple of opportunities over the years because I turned them down.
Wasn't sure my family's sanity or my health wouldn't be adversely impacted.

#26 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted April 27, 2016 - 06:52 AM

My wife had issues too..  Now she uses cream & sugar..   She always drank it black..  Works for her..

I always used cream or sugar, I can't drink it black. I think it's the acid in they coffee doing it. I've had gall bladder issues in the past so probably related.

I used to work a 12 hr rotating shift, but always either nights or days, never had to do that swing shift thing. I had plenty of friends at a local paper mill, they used to do that, 3rd shift, then back to second that same day or days to nights, I couldn't have done it.

• KennyP, WNYTractorTinkerer and toomanytoys84 have said thanks

#27 toomanytoys84 OFFLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,234 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted April 27, 2016 - 07:24 AM

Wasn't sure my family's sanity or my health wouldn't be adversely impacted.

I had plenty of friends at a local paper mill, they used to do that, 3rd shift, then back to second that same day or days to nights, I couldn't have done it.

I am normally steady day shift.  And have been since 2007. 

I know it's not good for either.  But  with my industry in the shambles that it's in right now I am taking all the shifts and chances for overtime that I can get.  If you remember my post there a few months ago when we laid off 1000 some, since then we have laid off another 1000 people.  The mines haven't gotten smaller, nor less labor required, but we have less people.  I am doing my best to eliminate all my debt with the extra money.  I have two loans to go(house and one car) and I will debt free.  If I can keep it up I will own everything I have by the time I am 35.  That is my goal, and going to probably drive myself insane doing it.

So hopefully by the time either the mines go out of business or I get laid off, my family will be in a position where I don't need to make the money I am now, and we can be comfortable with a much lesser paying job. 

I feel like a zombie this morning.  I finally calmed down enough to fall asleep around 1ish, woke up at 6:15 and pried myself off the mattress.

Edited by toomanytoys84, April 27, 2016 - 07:26 AM.

• MH81 and oldedeeres have said thanks

#28 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 27,252 Thanks
  • 28,602 posts

Posted April 27, 2016 - 07:34 AM

Good luck.

#29 toppop52 OFFLINE  

toppop52
  • Member No: 54420
  • 3,450 Thanks
  • 3,359 posts

Posted April 27, 2016 - 08:39 AM

You guys spent a lot of time saying your get up and go, got up and went! :D

#30 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 6,480 Thanks
  • 4,937 posts

Posted April 27, 2016 - 09:07 AM

I had heard a lot of cola mines have went bankrupt and out business the last couple years. At least you are working.

Great plan to get things paid off, you will be happy in the end once you get through it.