• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rbooker OFFLINE  

rbooker
  • Member No: 54463
  • 265 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted April 24, 2016 - 10:56 AM

after acquiring the v4-10 in the fall I have now had some time to go over it well and get it going again.  PO had changed out the ignition but either it was bad too or was fried somewhere along the way.  I replaced it with one of dale colvert's units which was the same thing I had to do on my hd-12.  stator was also bad and got a replacement for it pretty cheaply.  trigger pins on the flywheel were incorrect so I got a new set and installed them.  ignition switch was wrong (also didn't have a key) so I put the correct switch and rewired everything correctly by the manual.  cleaned the carb bowl, put some gas to it, and it fired right up and runs nicely.  shifter handle was bent and had to straighten it to allow it to shift into all gears but its in good shape now.  from the earlier post regarding the mounting hardware for the front blade, I finished making the correct parts and installed the blade on it and everything works as it should.

• sacsr said thank you

#2 stiemmy ONLINE  

stiemmy
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53712
  • 1,280 Thanks
  • 1,089 posts

Posted April 24, 2016 - 10:58 AM

after acquiring the v4-10 in the fall I have now had some time to go over it well and get it going again.  PO had changed out the ignition but either it was bad too or was fried somewhere along the way.  I replaced it with one of dale colvert's units which was the same thing I had to do on my hd-12.  stator was also bad and got a replacement for it pretty cheaply.  trigger pins on the flywheel were incorrect so I got a new set and installed them.  ignition switch was wrong (also didn't have a key) so I put the correct switch and rewired everything correctly by the manual.  cleaned the carb bowl, put some gas to it, and it fired right up and runs nicely.  shifter handle was bent and had to straighten it to allow it to shift into all gears but its in good shape now.  from the earlier post regarding the mounting hardware for the front blade, I finished making the correct parts and installed the blade on it and everything works as it should.

Pictures, or it didn't happen!! Lol
  • IamSherwood, sacsr, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#3 rbooker OFFLINE  

rbooker
  • 265 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted April 26, 2016 - 06:03 PM

unfortunately no pictoral proof of this either.  hope it still runs when I get back!  will take some of the whole outfit next time im down there.  im realizing that im slacking on photos for my archives.

• sacsr said thank you

#4 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,366 Thanks
  • 39,642 posts

Posted April 26, 2016 - 06:06 PM

unfortunately no pictoral proof of this either.  hope it still runs when I get back!  will take some of the whole outfit next time im down there.  im realizing that im slacking on photos for my archives.

YEP!

#5 rbooker OFFLINE  

rbooker
  • 265 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 03:13 PM

took a few pictures this weekend:

IMG_3078.JPG

IMG_3079.JPG

IMG_3080.JPG

• LPBolens, KennyP and jerseyeyes have said thanks