9 replies to this topic

#1 dualresponse1731 OFFLINE  

dualresponse1731
  • Member No: 82482
  • 170 Thanks
  • 136 posts

Posted April 24, 2016 - 08:34 AM

Hello,

This may be a common thing, but I hadn't  noticed  it before.

i was plumbing in a second hydraulic port on my 145 this weekend, and got to wondering what this "T" line was originally intended for:

I don't know much about hydraulics, but it seems like if it were used as a tap in for a second hydraulic valve, it wouldn't be able to build much pressure since the fluid could still just go back via the return tube instead of building pressure to run the additional line.

What was it for?  Was it an accessory return line tie in? If it is, does anyone has any info on how the factory originally "Tee'd" out the supply lines? Any input appreciated.

Thanks!

Ron

Attached Thumbnails

• hyDAULIC LINE.jpg

Edited by dualresponse1731, April 24, 2016 - 02:00 PM.

#2 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • Member No: 54307
  • 6,107 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted April 24, 2016 - 08:53 AM

Not sure about routing , but one of my fords has the optional front hydraulic ports.

Noel

#3 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • 6,107 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted April 24, 2016 - 10:31 AM

Picture of front ports. Short handle , beside hi/low shifter, is the one for front ports.

Noel

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg
  • image.jpg

• dualresponse1731 said thank you

#4 dualresponse1731 OFFLINE  

dualresponse1731
  • 170 Thanks
  • 136 posts

Posted April 24, 2016 - 10:45 AM

Thanks for the pic. Now you've got me wondering what factory options that was used for. FEL? Front blade control? I notice your snowblower mount.. That didn't have hydraulic options did it like a chute direction control or something (thinking of fun projects!)

#5 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • 6,107 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted April 24, 2016 - 01:35 PM

Not sure about original options, but I put a hydraulic cylinder on the top deflector on the chute. Gives instant control of distance and where to put the snow.
I would say the original option was to angle a plow.

Noel

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• dualresponse1731 said thank you

#6 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 3,158 posts

Posted April 25, 2016 - 07:22 AM

That tee should be in the return line, as it is the port the aux. Hydraulic kit used to get the oil back to the tranny.
  • Alc and dualresponse1731 have said thanks

#7 dualresponse1731 OFFLINE  

dualresponse1731
  • 170 Thanks
  • 136 posts

Posted April 25, 2016 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't do it factory style, but I hooked up the hydraulic lines in series and it seems to work. Spent the weekend plumbing it in and fabricating a second lever for the aux port. This let me use a spare cylinder to lift my rear homemade 2 point hitch. For the first time ever the front lift (plow/snowblower/mower deck) is not tied to the rear hitch. Whoopee!!!!!

This does bring up a newbie fundamental understanding of hydraulics I don't understand yet.

So the "t" fitting is an aux return line. Okay- that makes sense. But let's say I plumb the supply/pressure  line with a similar "T" fitting providing power to "hydraulic port 1" and "hydraulic port 2" So you turn on the tractor and try to lift something with "hydraulic port 1". Seems to me, instead of making the pressure work to lift #1, the pressure would just bypass through the "port 2" line idle circuit.

Is there some sort of partitioning valve to keep each line pressurized? By rigging it in series, the pressure can't detour through a bypass. I figure I will realistically only power one thing at a time.  How do real /complex multiple hydraulic setups deal with partitioning pressure to multiple ports? and yeah- I know at a certain point one has to mount an aux pump, but it's  more a question of the basic pressure partitioning.

As always- thanks! 

Ron

Attached Thumbnails

• TRACTOR 2.JPG
  • TRACTOR 3.jpg
  • TRACTOR 4.jpg
  • TRACTOR 5.JPG
  • TRACTOR 6.JPG

Edited by dualresponse1731, April 25, 2016 - 06:13 PM.

#8 propane1 OFFLINE  

propane1
  • 6,107 Thanks
  • 3,199 posts

Posted April 25, 2016 - 06:47 PM

Nice, gives me ideas. Thanks for the pictures. It's nice working with hydraulics, when you don't really know what your doing, like me, but something works good.

Noel

#9 dualresponse1731 OFFLINE  

dualresponse1731
  • 170 Thanks
  • 136 posts

Posted April 25, 2016 - 07:34 PM

^Yeah, ignorance is bliss! 

But then it got me thinking about what I designed. Not so much a hydraulic concern as a mechanical concern. I vaguely remember an LGT tractor guru who (I think) once said the rear tabs on these axles can break if you really put them to use with large implements. I don't know if I remember that right or not- but I got thinking about how my 2 point lifts- and it doubles the load on the left rear axle tab b/c it pushes DOWN to make the load in the back go UP- and then there's the combined weight of that with the original load.- which scares me that "this" could happen if I am carrying a real heavy load (imagine that basket filled with firewood, etc....)

Tell me I m overthinking things. Perhaps I should buy a rockshaft for lifting. Hmmmmmm

Nawww.... It's probably fine. (I'm just looking for an excuse to go to a 3 point) I need a life!  :D

Attached Thumbnails

• tractor axle.jpg

Edited by dualresponse1731, April 25, 2016 - 07:38 PM.

• propane1 said thank you

#10 skyrydr2 ONLINE  

skyrydr2

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5032
  • 3,408 Thanks
  • 3,158 posts

Posted April 26, 2016 - 03:43 AM

Cool set up, you have, when talking hydraulics there are many different styles of system pressure management. And would become a novel! So let's look at just your setup.
You are correct in assuming the tees would bypass , and they would. In series what will happen if you dont use a " powerbeyond circuit" is the first valve will be your main valve,or priority circuit. This valve can close off flow when activated to anything else down stream of it. With power beyond, it can not, thus allowing you to divide oil flow equally. Your factory Duke valve has this ability,but doesnt have the special fitting in it to make this feature work.
What you did will work on your tractor will work ok, only because the system pressure is so low.
What could happen is the first valve could litterally blow apart because of too much preasure in the " low side"or return oil circuit! This circuit, on a power beyond designed valve is not designed to handle system preasure, thus the reason for this special fitting, this fitting directs hypreasure oil straight through the valve safely, Normaly there is nothing behind this valve and returns oil with out resistance to the tank, by blocking this flow with another valve... Well you can see how this could fail. and if you had a serious pump, would...
  • KennyP and dualresponse1731 have said thanks