• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 wpod OFFLINE  

wpod
  • Member No: 82189
  • 41 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 09:37 AM

Austen- Thanks for the kind words! - Subdude- I can't post pics yet because I'm trying to sort out my deck at the  moment, currently there are no visible tension springs. The Plow is a Brinley #8 ?, and I can't find any ID on the Harrow, but I'll keep looking.. Titus has generously offered to let me come down to his place and check out the layout of the deck and PTO. When I have some good picks, I'll make sure that you get them, Thanks, Paul

• subdude said thank you

#17 rbooker OFFLINE  

rbooker
  • Member No: 54463
  • 266 Thanks
  • 132 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 03:17 PM

here are pictures of the front pto assembly for the belt drive on my d4-7:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3074.JPG
  • IMG_3075.JPG
  • IMG_3077.JPG

• subdude said thank you

#18 wpod OFFLINE  

wpod
  • Member No: 82189
  • 41 Thanks
  • 26 posts

Posted May 07, 2016 - 09:12 AM

Great Pics rbooker!, That's exactly what I needed! However, the only part that I do have is the notched rod that goes from the dashboard to the PTO lever. The PTO lever looks easy enough to make, but what do you suggest that I do for an actual PTO Clutch and Pulley ?  I own a couple of Cub Cadets (a 102 and a 122) and the PTO from either of those tractors will fit on the Wisconsin 1 inch shaft. Can anyone suggest a different PTO that might be closer to stock ?,  or perhaps maybe a source for the real deal? Thanks for your help thus far! Paul from Providence.

Edited by wpod, May 07, 2016 - 09:13 AM.

#19 sacsr OFFLINE  

sacsr

Bush Hog Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 4776
  • 3,268 Thanks
  • 3,283 posts

Posted August 08, 2016 - 08:30 PM

I am doing some research on grill emblems and colors. Did yours have a grill emblem on it? If yes, was it yellow and red or black and red in color?? (or white and red?).

thanks

#20 petrj6 ONLINE  

petrj6
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 53717
  • 3,808 Thanks
  • 2,221 posts

Posted August 10, 2016 - 04:07 AM

Just looking thru here and noticed your tractor drivetrain is completely different than the v-4-7 I just picked up. mine has the engine going across the frame so the dive pulleys are of the side not in the front.  plus your seat is different , almost like a d-4-10.

Pete

Edited by petrj6, August 10, 2016 - 04:08 AM.

#21 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted August 10, 2016 - 07:49 AM

Just looking thru here and noticed your tractor drivetrain is completely different than the v-4-7 I just picked up. mine has the engine going across the frame so the dive pulleys are of the side not in the front.  plus your seat is different , almost like a d-4-10.
                                                                                                                       Pete

His tractor is a D4-7 and yours is a V4-7. The engines are mounted differently in those 2 models.
  • Titus said thank you

#22 Titus OFFLINE  

Titus

Bush Hog Hoarder

• Member No: 4216
  • 1,736 Thanks
  • 2,250 posts

Posted August 10, 2016 - 07:52 AM

Pete

D= Direct Drive

V= Belt Driven

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d4-7