• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 991 Thanks
  • 674 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 09:15 AM

HELLO, I was wondering if anyone had part numbers for the bearings with collars on the ez rake model that fits the estate keeper? I was changing out all of the tines and noticed that the bearings on each end of the tine shaft are a bit worn out. During disassembly I ran into a few problems, first the set screws holding the bearings are stuck solid, some penetrating oil and patience fixed this problem, next was the drive sprocket, it seems to be rusted on and its location between two steel plates leaves me unable to use a puller or even get a good angle on it for some old fashion hammer negotiations! I will work this out eventually but I would like to source the parts so that when this finally breaks free I can reassemble and get back to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance. Eric.
  • MyBolens1053 and angelzs69 have said thanks

#2 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,488 Thanks
  • 4,634 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 04:35 PM

Bluebird International bought out E-Z Rake folks, and still make that thatcher. You can still get parts from them.

http://www.bluebirdi...wer-rakes/d110/

• Bolens 1000, Alc, CRFarnsworth and 2 others have said thanks

#3 jpswift1 OFFLINE  

jpswift1
  • Member No: 69996
  • 358 Thanks
  • 343 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 05:41 PM

Give the guys at Buffalo Bearing a call.  If you can get the part number from the new company, they'll be able to cross reference for you and get you a much less expensive, but quality bearing.  I deal with those guys all the time, they're great people that go above and beyond expectations.  Their number is (716) 874-1720.

• Eric said thank you

#4 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 991 Thanks
  • 674 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 08:44 PM

Thanks for the replies, I know about bluebird but I don't know the model number of the rake that was adapted to the estate keeper. On their website they don't have a model that is powered off of the PTO and I just didn't want to buy the bearings without knowing if the same parts were used in all of their rakes. Anyone know the model number that was used for this application? Thanks.

#5 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 991 Thanks
  • 674 posts

Posted April 23, 2016 - 03:10 AM

I built a pusher out of a few bolts washers and nuts and finally after two days of soaking and working on it this combination paid off! One set screw left on a bearing collar and this dethatcher will be ready for some corrosion work and reasembly. I have broklen more allen wrenches on this tiny set screw than I care to admit. I hope to be using this attatchment soon!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ez rake, bolens, estate keeper