Death and mayhem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mike165 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2973
  • 6 Thanks
  • 27 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 06:15 AM

< bad bad bad mike, well the garden is no more lol. i had pepers tomatoes and squash in the ground. was gone for the grand baby justins birth monday and had a harsh frost. killed everything but one poor lil pepper and it only had two leaves left on it that wernt see through. got to start all over again lol. i started tomatoes and pepers late so ive got some in the house yet. ive got serano peppers,jalipinos,sweet banna peppers, burpees sweet 100 cherry tomatoes and i was tryin my hand at growin some tobaco to see what it intales. so ill be buying larger tomatoes and seein if i can get some squash plants to come up and ripen before fall lol. since food prices are going up i entended to do alot of canning and freezing this year. im thinkin that justin was a lil more inportant lol. it rained enough this mornin that its gona make planting corn peas and green beans a bit slimmy lol. :yelclap:

#2 Alc OFFLINE  

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,278 Thanks
  • 6,482 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 06:28 AM

Sorry to hear that , same thing happened to me last year with my cantaloupes . You'll just have to start again , good luck , Al

#3 KennyP OFFLINE  

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 27,587 Thanks
  • 38,983 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 06:32 AM

Sorry to hear this, Mike. We got lucky the other day and missed the frost. Broccoli is doing great and have tomatoes blooming.

• Member No: 2011
  • 3,786 Thanks
  • 3,907 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 07:58 AM

Sorry to hear that Mike. It's always a chance you take,you have to try and accept the fact that you may have to replant.
I have no plants in the ground frost will hurt yet.
I did plant 4 lilacs for the wife Monday night, and the frost bit them Tuesday morning.
I'm guessing, they will come back?
Our 8 day forcast shows no nightime temps below high 40's, and that would put us Mid-May.
So I'm planting the plants today.
It's still early so you should still get a nice crop from the garden.

#5 olcowhand OFFLINE  

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,194 Thanks
  • 29,684 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 09:14 AM

Sorry to hear of the garden losses. No way for that to happen to me because it's been soaking wet all spring, so nothing got out except for broccoli, and it'll withstand decent frosts.

#6 middleageddeere OFFLINE  

• Member No: 2033
  • 243 Thanks
  • 1,082 posts

Posted May 07, 2011 - 09:19 AM

Same here, too wet to even till still. Got everything ready...just waiting on dryer weather.