• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 wvwoods OFFLINE  

wvwoods
  • Member No: 82464
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted April 21, 2016 - 08:05 PM

Hey all, quick question, I have a power king 1620gv that I purchased new in 2000, the tractor has a 48 inch mower deck and a category 0 hitch, less than 700 hours of use (mowing grass only), excellent condition, almost perfect.... Does anyone have a idea what it's worth ???? I plan on selling it locally.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160403_165246.jpg

Edited by wvwoods, April 21, 2016 - 08:34 PM.

• Alc said thank you

#2 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 859 Thanks
  • 491 posts

Posted April 21, 2016 - 08:42 PM

Wow!  Sharp looking machine.

I've no idea what the market is.  What I can say is if it was within 100 miles of here at $1500 or less I'd be hitching up my trailer instead of posting a reply.

• wvwoods said thank you

#3 wvwoods OFFLINE  

wvwoods
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted April 21, 2016 - 08:48 PM

More pictures of tractor. .... I think that I must have bought the last new power king for sale any where, sort of a rare model.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20160403_165259.jpg
  • 20160403_165307.jpg
  • 20160403_165316.jpg

• propane1 said thank you

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,458 Thanks
  • 6,625 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 05:24 AM

Very nice , well kept machine !   Can't say what it's worth , tractors up here the  north east always seem to bring more not sure in your area .

#5 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 6,661 Thanks
  • 6,476 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 06:40 AM

The worst part of those tractors is the fact it is the manual. They had much trouble with the clutch paks and tranny's on those. You can still get those parts new from Mission Manufacturing in Southern IN, but expensive.  That IS one pretty machine. I have some hydros, but the plastics are broken up in many spots and yours look very nice.  Does yours seem to slip or quit pulling when going up a hill or when pulling something with it?  They may have had some of the issues fixed by that time, there were some changes made to the clutch discs to improve them and yours may have that??  99' has to be pretty much last year they were offered or maybe is really older year, but still new when you got it.  I see you have three point, does it have power steering?  I would think in 15 to 1800 range at most being a manual, and also depending on what attachments would be with it also.

• Alc said thank you

#6 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 859 Thanks
  • 491 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 06:41 AM

This one near me has been for sale for awhile: Detroit CraigsList.  It's considerably older, but I don't know how much that affects value.  It does have a tiller and wheel weights which I suppose adds a few hundred to the price.

The Speedex in my avatar has a hydraulic cat 0 and included a back blade but no mower.  It's in decent shape but no where near as nice as yours.  I think I got a pretty good deal on it last year at $650.  He was asking $950 before he sold the mower separately.

I think a problem you're going to have is very few people (at least around here) have ever heard of a Power King.  If it were a John Deere garden tractor I expect you could get $2500 or more.  I think your typical Craigs List shopper will see it as an off brand large lawn tractor.  If you want to move it quickly to those folks $1500 is probably about the limit.  If you're willing to wait for a buyer who appreciates the 3pt. to come along you could probably get 3-500 more.  I don't think the guy who wants to rip and tear the garden will pony up much for the cosmetic condition you have.  A collector wanting it to add to his stable might go even more - if you could find him.

This is all speculation on my part.  I hope more people will weigh in with their thoughts.

Edited by MiCarl, April 22, 2016 - 06:54 AM.

• Alc said thank you

#7 crittersf1 OFFLINE  

crittersf1

GT Lunatic

• Member No: 26142
  • 4,169 Thanks
  • 5,761 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 08:34 AM

Nice machine!

#8 wvwoods OFFLINE  

wvwoods
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 08:43 AM

I have absolutely had great service out of this tractor, the clutch has never slipped, transmission is fine, all gears work....the only repair i ever made is a spindle bearing in the mower. With that being said, the only work this machine has ever done, is mow lawn grass and pull a yard cart. Also it has been keep in my garage (inside ) the vast majority of its life.

Power king tractors in my area have a good following, 2 dealers in the area sold economy / powerking since the 1960s.... I may start the price at $2500.

#9 EconChuck OFFLINE  

EconChuck
  • Member No: 18979
  • 251 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 03:19 PM

Hi,

Please post the serial number and advise if it has power steering or not. also is there only one.lift lever?

A lot of the newer PK's and Snapper's(same tractor, just labelled for Snapper) sat in warehouses for years before being sold.

Good luck with your sale

Chuck

#10 wvwoods OFFLINE  

wvwoods
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 05:25 PM

Yes my tractor has power steering, it only has one hydraulic lever....my tractor was not made by engineered products company in Wisconsin, i think it was made in Illinois , if memory serves me right it was made by HCC incorporated.

#11 wvwoods OFFLINE  

wvwoods
  • 2 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted April 22, 2016 - 05:51 PM

Yes my tractor has power steering, it only has one hydraulic lever....my tractor was not made by engineered products company in Wisconsin, i think it was made in Illinois , if memory serves me right it was made by HCC incorporated.

#12 EconChuck OFFLINE  

EconChuck
  • Member No: 18979
  • 251 Thanks
  • 288 posts

Posted April 25, 2016 - 08:49 AM

Can you post the serial number? This sticker should be on the left side frame rail(from the drivers seat position).

Thanks for the power steering answer.

#13 sharkman OFFLINE  

sharkman
  • Member No: 34759
  • 151 Thanks
  • 120 posts

Posted May 03, 2016 - 03:47 PM

My HHC Serial number in on the front right hand side, I have a 1220 hv

#14 thewidowmaker OFFLINE  

thewidowmaker
  • Member No: 70337
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted May 25, 2016 - 04:58 PM

Hello. Do you still have the tractor for sale. By the way, that is a redesigned body on your tractor and the 20HP engine in gear drive makes it even more rare. The 20HP Kohler engine was used mainly with the hydro tranny in these tractors. Never seen a power king set up like yours. Thanks for your time.