Garden Tractor Forums banner

Oh wow... what a blow today.

2K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  tractormike 
#1 ·
My wife and I just got a call from my baby sister tonight (33) to tell us that her husband died! He was only about 35 and they came home to find him on the couch! I can not even fathom how awful this is... they have a daughter that is just 5 and she does not know yet. I just got home from driving up to MA to see her, she is holding up far better than I would, I think. But what a shock, he was not sick or anything... maybe an embolism? They don't know what happened yet. I am just a loss to express how sad this is... I am not sure if she will even be able to keep the home with just her job. It really makes you stop and think. :(

#4 ·
Thanks, It's hard on his parents too... they are both alive and he was an only child. Not something any parent should ever have to deal with.

#9 ·
Very sorry to hear, such a young age. He didn't have sleep apnea did he?

Our prayers will go out to his wife and family. If there is anything we can do let us know.

#10 ·
I am very sorry to hear about this loss in your family FirefyterEmt! You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted and let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

#11 ·
Sorry to hear this. All of you will be in thoughts and prayers.

#12 ·
Thanks all... Right now there is no reason for anything to of happened. My only thought is that he just got back from plane flight trip and the flight might of had something to do with it. He was away for a week for work, and had just gotten home at 3am the night before... At least he did get home and see his daughter and my sister. He was at home resting that day after the trip. His Mom (who was watching his daughter) brought his daughter home and found him on the couch like that before my sister got home from work.

I can't even imagine what his Mom is going through...

#15 ·
Daniel... I have not had the hear to ask, but I have a feeling that he might not have. He worked as truck driver for a while and about a year or two started working as a head maintenance man for a pretty good company. I sure hope he did, but I have doubts. The big saving grace is that they live pretty close to his parents so they can both lean on each other. They had a pretty big house and I know my sister could not cover it with her job alone, and this is not the time to be selling.

#17 ·
I would doubt it, I am sure he wold know by now if it was something like that. They will no more after an autopsy, but I my gut feeling is an embolism or heart attack.

#18 ·
I have a BIL & a Niece's husband that both had brain aneurysms. Neither died from them, but both came very close. They both were bleeding from them, but got them repaired in time. They can drop you like a stone.

#19 ·
So sorry to hear. My thoughts go out to all family and friends. I can't imagine going through something like that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.