#1 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,055 Thanks
  • 1,436 posts

Posted March 21, 2010 - 08:12 AM

Making a cab for my gc2300 to keep me warm while blowing snow.I used 1" sq tubing for the frame.I started by building the frame to fit onto the tractor with intentions of flipping it back on hindges in order to beable to open the hood for engine access.I changed my mind as that wouldn't work because of where the loader mounts are.I then made it so that it had a hindged door just above the hood.I used a 1/8" plate for that.After having it all painted I didn't like that I couldn't see through the plate so changed that to lexan as well.As you can see I used lexan for the sides etc.I found a place in winnipeg to buy it by the sheet.Wasn't that expensive.A 4x8 sheet was $ 135 and a 5x8 sheet was $ 145 I bougth 1 1/2 sht of 4x8 and 1 sht of the 5x8. The lexan was easy to work with just used a bigger size drill bit to drill the holes first and then used self tapping screws to hold the lexan in place.To cut the sheets just used a plastic cutter and a jig saw.Lexan cuts almost like plywood.it's very easy to work with.To close in any gaps etc to the tractor I used a combination of old round baler belting and automotive weather stripping that I picked up from the auto wrecker.I used weather stripping from the rear doors of a dodge mini van.One nice thing about this cab is that it's easy to take off for the summer.Take two bolts out from one l bracket thats bolted to the tractors loader mounts and flip it right over backwards onto a couple of saw horses pull 2 pins out and drive away.I also installed a heater that I made out of a heater core from a car and built a box around it out of plywood with a fan on to blow the warm air into the cab.Cost was under $20.I have it made so that it can also be removed very easy.The heater hoses from off the tractors cooling system have quick couplers in them so that all I need to do is take them apart the heater comes off with minimal antifreeze loss.I made it so one hose one the heater has a male end and the other has a female end this way once there no longer connected to the tractor's cooling system I can join them together to keep them from leaking.The tractors works the same way and that way it still allows flow through them all the time.I also have to auto fan inside the cab to help keep the air circulating to help keep the windows from fogging up.It worked absolutely flawless this past winter.The top of the cab is plywood and to keep it from having a hollow sound in the cab I lined it with foam[from what you use on top of your mattress I used a tarp over top of the foam as a protector.Won't be long and I'll need to have to take it off for summer.Larry:madhop:

Attached Thumbnails

• Digital camera pi&.jpg
  • Digital camera pi&.jpg
  • Digital camera pi&.jpg
  • Digital camera pi&.jpg

#2 Bill56 OFFLINE  

• Member No: 60
  • 839 Thanks
  • 2,179 posts

Posted March 21, 2010 - 10:46 AM

Looks great Larry! You definitely have good visibility using the Lexan

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE