It's been a few weeks since I made my last post, but I finally found some motivation after a few beers on a rainy Friday night. I decided to figure out why the engine had no compression and also see what kind of shape the carburetor, ignition, and air filter were in. It turns out I had a stuck exhaust valve, which easily could be tapped down with a screwdriver handle, but was unable to seat under its own power. I pulled the keepers and spring off and then ran a .3125 reamer down through the guide to remove the tight spots, and now it cycles free as new. I still need to clean the rest of the cylinder up, file the intake and exhaust flanges, and remove the broken exhaust studs, but so far I've only had to invest 35$ and a few hours of my time into it and it's looking pretty promising. The magneto and coil seem to be producing spark, so a little bit of cleaning and adjusting the points and I should be set in that department. I was able to free up the choke and the throttle shaft on the carburetor and then disassemble, clean, and reassemble it using the old parts and a couple of home made gaskets (luckily this Carter uses a solid needle instead of a viton tipped one like the one on my cub). I've been slowly cleaning up all of the parts by bringing them into work and washing them in the parts washer on my breaks, so far the plan is to leave it in its original paint and get everything working well from a mechanical standpoint. I had our machinist at work cut me some new bushings for the front axle pivot, the original bushings that were welded to the frame had broken the welds loose and proceeded to bang around in their holes until so much slop had been created that the bushings started to pass through their original holes. Luckily the pins outer diameter was not damaged and the bore of the axle was still mostly intact so I drilled the frames holes to 1" and had some new bushings made to work with the new hole diameter. I also found a crack in the frame, likely from plowing with the pivot being so worn out, but since I will have the welder out to attach the new bushings with I will take care of the crack at the same time.