10 replies to this topic

#1 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• Member No: 45129
  • 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 07:52 AM

Finally got a nice evening to get the bike out Saturday, decided to take a little night woods, and road cruise.  Put about 25 miles on it.  10 or so in the woods(nice groomed trails that you can just cruise on basically)

It was a great time!  Took time to snap one pictures on top of the old slate dump, before I tried to cross a creek and got myself and the bike coated in mud...those 50/50 tires just don't cut it in the mud.  I have a new set of 90/10 tires ready to go on.  They look like regular dirt bike tires.

afterdark.jpg

• olcowhand, Gtractor, boyscout862 and 2 others have said thanks

#2 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• Member No: 76550
  • 253 Thanks
  • 371 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 11:42 AM

Look like fun
  • toomanytoys84 said thank you

#3 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 802 Thanks
  • 572 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 01:20 PM

Nice lookin bike.  do they still have kickstarters on them?

#4 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted April 18, 2016 - 06:46 PM

Nice lookin bike. do they still have kickstarters on them?

It's a great little bike with a dirt bike look but the power isn't there. 17hp at the wheel. A few mods and they say it's a new bike and comes in at 23hp.
That bike doesn't have any kick starter. The klx300 that the almost the entire bike was built from did have a kick start and a few parts swapped over you can have a kick start. The case even has a rubber plug in the hole labeled "kick starter"

I much prefer pushing a button these days. My buddies all have motorcross bikes and I laugh when we start out and they are kicking their guts out. But they do blow by me in the woods with their far superior suspension and power

Edited by toomanytoys84, April 18, 2016 - 06:47 PM.

• Oldford and pick-to-stone have said thanks

#5 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• 253 Thanks
  • 371 posts

Posted April 19, 2016 - 11:18 AM

It's a great little bike with a dirt bike look but the power isn't there. 17hp at the wheel. A few mods and they say it's a new bike and comes in at 23hp.
That bike doesn't have any kick starter. The klx300 that the almost the entire bike was built from did have a kick start and a few parts swapped over you can have a kick start. The case even has a rubber plug in the hole labeled "kick starter"
I much prefer pushing a button these days. My buddies all have motorcross bikes and I laugh when we start out and they are kicking their guts out. But they do blow by me in the woods with their far superior suspension and power

Well at lest yo have fun

#6 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted April 19, 2016 - 12:03 PM

It's definitely fun and I don't need to go cranking through the woods 70mph anymore

#7 pick-to-stone OFFLINE  

pick-to-stone

Living in the past

• 253 Thanks
  • 371 posts

Posted April 19, 2016 - 12:22 PM

Ya people don't pay any attaion to me on my foul wheeler endded out crashing in to a rock becouse of some moron taking up the road one time

Edited by pick-to-stone, April 19, 2016 - 12:22 PM.

#8 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted April 19, 2016 - 05:55 PM

That's why I stick to private land. I am lucky that i have access to over 150 acres in West Virginia and 200 acres here in Ohio. I don't have to deal with those types if morons.
  • pick-to-stone said thank you

#9 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 06:58 PM

Decided to call the dual sport game quits. I sold my Kawasaki today for 2200 with 2 extra sets of tires, sprockets, chain, and ebough filters for several oil changes.

The dual sport is fine in the woods but not as much fun on the street. Especially on the interstate when I'm trying to ride it to work. The wind blast about tears your head off and the 250lbs gets pushed by semis.

Going tomorrow after work to put a deposit on a Honda cb500x. More of an adventure street bike cross over. Capable of riding on gravel roads and smooth dirt trails but comfortable and easy to ride interstate.

#10 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,588 Thanks
  • 29,831 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 07:07 PM

Part of me misses having a dual sport bike, but then I've not ridden my 1100 Virago in almost 2 years.  Likely will ride some soon as weather cools a bit.  I put on new tires and battery last year, but after surgery, I just didn't feel comfortable riding.  

Back in the dirt/street days I've owned several dual sport bikes.  Last 2 were a Yamaha XT550, and a Honda XL550R.

#11 toomanytoys84 ONLINE  

toomanytoys84

Aaron

• 8,233 Thanks
  • 5,073 posts

Posted June 26, 2016 - 07:10 PM

Part of me misses having a dual sport bike, but then I've not ridden my 1100 Virago in almost 2 years. Likely will ride some soon as weather cools a bit. I put on new tires and battery last year, but after surgery, I just didn't feel comfortable riding.
Back in the dirt/street days I've owned several dual sport bikes. Last 2 were a Yamaha XT550, and a Honda XL550R.

Get out there and get on that thing! Nice way to spend and afternoon

I hate to admit this. But a few hours of trail riding and my body hurts for a few days afterwards. I don't need self inflicted back aches!

I enjoyed it on the street more than the woods now. I still have a quad to ride off road and it's a lot smoother.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Edited by toomanytoys84, June 26, 2016 - 07:11 PM.

• olcowhand said thank you